• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting - Lola and Desmond - Please Help!

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
After 8 weeks ish of being bonded, Lola and Desmond have started having little scraps. At the moment there was one incidence of blood spill (minor cut on Desmonds side) but the rest has been lots of chasing and fur pulling. Following which they curl up together and groom each other. It is all instigated by Lola and Desmond trys to run away from her or sits in his litter tray so she cant get to him. She is a hormonal woman if you ask me!

What would you deem as normal play fights and when would i need to intervene and say that this bond is never going to work?

Poor Desmond in an attempt to get away from Lola last night managed to rip his claw out resulting in what looked like an awful lot of blood but was in fact very little. So he is feeling very sorry for himself. Luckily it is all fine and stopped bleeding very quickly! He is eating, pooing and playing etc fine so am not worried about him.

Last edited:
Oh noes!!:(

Sorry, I have no advice. But I didn't want to read and run!

Good luck with the buns! :love:

Nope she isnt fussed by food at all! If anything he is the one who takes the yummy food (carrots, greens etc) from her mouth but they never have these yummy treats unless we are there as i am worried that one day she will get anoyed by him stealing food from her mouth. But so far she doesnt care.

We only give them treats when we are there and the rest of the time they have lots and lots of different hays all round the cage.

The scuffles have been when we are not there.

oh dear, sorry to hear this - stressful eh? i have no advice but i am interested in what people recommend as i can feel a time when this may well happen to eric & esme........ and esme IS food orientated to the point where she swipes at eric to get to the food first:(

oh dear, sorry to hear this - stressful eh? i have no advice but i am interested in what people recommend as i can feel a time when this may well happen to eric & esme........ and esme IS food orientated to the point where she swipes at eric to get to the food first:(

It is horrid! 95% of the time they love each other and its is all great BUT then they just have these little scuffles for no apparent reason.

Hope it stays good with your two :)

It is horrid! 95% of the time they love each other and its is all great BUT then they just have these little scuffles for no apparent reason.

Hope it stays good with your two :)

i can see it coming but will try my best to prevent it:( no blood shed yet but totally different personalities and it seems that although esme grooms eric sometimes, just lately she seems to be more bullying him. i keep reading 'give it time, it'll settle' etc but pretty difficult to watch isn't it?

do your two fight over anything in partic? (a litter tray or favourite tunnel?).

i'm beginning to think these girlies are just downright bossy:lol:

i can see it coming but will try my best to prevent it:( no blood shed yet but totally different personalities and it seems that although esme grooms eric sometimes, just lately she seems to be more bullying him. i keep reading 'give it time, it'll settle' etc but pretty difficult to watch isn't it?

do your two fight over anything in partic? (a litter tray or favourite tunnel?).

Oh yeah the girlies are downright bossy! I feel sorry for my Peter sometimes :lol:

I really hope that your two are ok. Hopefully even if they arent completely in love they will be friends and enjoy each others company.

It is so horrible though cause you just want to explain to them that if they fall out then thats it and they will be very lonely!

My two fight over nothing noticable.. nothing in the cage that they can get terrortorial about (have two litter trays and Lola doesnt even use one of them! and they dont have tunnels / any hidey holes either).

I think girls are VERY bossy! Madams some might say! :lol:

:wave: hya..nice to hear desmonds being a good boy:wave:

hmm id say keep together and monitor..its always the girls who start the fights..and the little ones i sear are the worst!:lol:

bif n bertie are free range in the lounge and downstairs...they have a kids pop up tent to sleep in and various hide outs..but every now and then i have to break up a scuffle or two..bif is soooo territorial over everything inc food as befire she was rescued she was starved etc.
bertie to retalaite when theyve had scraps or im in the dogbx..is to pee around the centre of the problem.or in my beanbag if ive really made him angry:oops:

many times a week theres bertie fur everywhere..one or twice ive scolded her and shes turned to look at me as if to say..wot!? im innocent..might work if she didnt have a huge clump of berties fur hanging from her evil little mouth!!:lol:

:lol:Yeah - I've been there too, smokie goes for archie every so often....doesnt help when he gets over excited at food time and tries to play piggy back:oops::lol:

:wave: hya..nice to hear desmonds being a good boy:wave:

hmm id say keep together and monitor..its always the girls who start the fights..and the little ones i sear are the worst!:lol:

bif n bertie are free range in the lounge and downstairs...they have a kids pop up tent to sleep in and various hide outs..but every now and then i have to break up a scuffle or two..bif is soooo territorial over everything inc food as befire she was rescued she was starved etc.
bertie to retalaite when theyve had scraps or im in the dogbx..is to pee around the centre of the problem.or in my beanbag if ive really made him angry:oops:

:lol: Norty Bertie!!!

many times a week theres bertie fur everywhere..one or twice ive scolded her and shes turned to look at me as if to say..wot!? im innocent..might work if she didnt have a huge clump of berties fur hanging from her evil little mouth!!:lol:

:wave: Desmond is a dream rabbit (may well regret saying that soon!!).

Well came home today and they have not had a scrap all day (no fur anywhere except on the buns).

All seems good again! Fingers crossed they just had a bad few days!

If they just have little scraps then fine if they sort it out - just hope it doesnt escalate!

Girls are nightmares!

Sadly it always seems to be Desmond with the fur hanging out of his mouth when i know it was Lola who started it and he tells her enough and then gets caught!

makes me wonder how they can be 'happier' with another rabbit:?

They are definetly happier as a couple i think it is just a long process and part of it is me finding out that they might have little scraps occasionally and excepting that!:?

The rest of the time they curl up together, play and really love each other.:love:

They are definetly happier as a couple i think it is just a long process and part of it is me finding out that they might have little scraps occasionally and excepting that!:?

The rest of the time they curl up together, play and really love each other.:love:

sorry, i was watching eric being shoved by esme (again) as i typed that - i didn't mean your 2 in particular:oops: if they're fine most of the time, i'm sure a little tiff now and then is understandable:).

Back