• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I buy a covered litter tray without holes in the top?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I need a covered litter tray (either corner or normal) for one of my runs, but the only ones I can find have ventilation holes in the top, which would allow rain in.

Any suggestions where I can buy a non-holey tray?

If you can't find one why don't you just use a normal one and cover that corner of the run so that it keeps the rain off.:)

I used a covered cat litter tray from Pets at home, but with how it is made, when it rains, the water runs straight in the doorway so the front of the litter tray was wet if it rained.

Could you buy something covered (like a small cheap hutch) and put a litter tray inside?

If you can't find one why don't you just use a normal one and cover that corner of the run so that it keeps the rain off.:)

The run is going to have a roof but it's 6ft high. I suppose I could cover that corner with plywood/plastic, but would probably work out fairly expensive to do?

I used a covered cat litter tray from Pets at home, but with how it is made, when it rains, the water runs straight in the doorway so the front of the litter tray was wet if it rained.

The run has a roof, so should be okay if I angle it inwards

Could you buy something covered (like a small cheap hutch) and put a litter tray inside?

That is a really good idea! I already have a couple of small hutches sitting unused on my yard, so it could work as long as the buns don't chew the roofing felt :D

The run has a roof, so should be okay if I angle it inwards

That is a really good idea! I already have a couple of small hutches sitting unused on my yard, so it could work as long as the buns don't chew the roofing felt :D

A even simpler solution would be to get a cheap second hand table and put it in the run with the litter tray underneath. If the table's low enough it also gives another level for the bunsters to jump on!:D

In case you're interest this is what I did in the end
lillylitter.jpg

It's a decking square on legs and with some plywood under the topside to cover the gaps and keep rain out of the litter tray.

In case you're interest this is what I did in the end
lillylitter.jpg

It's a decking square on legs and with some plywood under the topside to cover the gaps and keep rain out of the litter tray.

That's really cool!

Unfortunately my DIY skills don't quite extend to building something myself though :(

It's really not hard at all, you just need a saw, some square timber and some screws and a screwdriver. It doesn't have to be done well, it's really easy to make it so that it just stands up under it's own weight and the buns aren't going to make it collapse. Let's just say I wouldn't stand on it to change a light bulb though :lol:

Back