• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a lump on Timmy/ Blood results post 94 not good news

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(:(

I think it is an abscess :cry:

We were having cuddles last night while watching Waking the Dead and I found it on the side of his face. Its not visable just to look at him as it is under where his ear lops but it does feel just like an abscess.

He is booked in on Thursday anyway for mild sedation for bloods to be taken so I think it will be best to get it looked at at the same time, knowing what he is like :roll: But I will ring the vet today for advice.

Given Timmy's overall condition and symptoms I know he has underlying health problems that we haven't found out about yet, but at least Timmy doesn't seem bothered by any of them. He is currently pottering round the garden in his litttle coat :love:

Last edited:
Aww, sorry to hear about the lump, fingers crossed it is only a little abcess :(. Good luck on Thursday.

Glad he is not bothered by it and is having fun in garden in his cute little coat :love:

Blimey Liz, it's one thing after another with your son isn't it....

Sending lots of healing thoughts his way....

He's a bit ridiculous isn't he, when it comes to issue after issue. Hopefully soon he will decide its all good and he can be well and healthy for the rest of his life.

Come on Timmy, sort it out :lol:

Good luck at the vets with him, let us know how he goes.

Just had an awful thought :cry::cry:

The lump is just above the site where he impaled himself on the needle last time, what if it is a deep rooted infection from that :shock::(

He has never recovered back to how he was since that ordeal :?

Must stop thinking and worrying :cry:

Try not to over analyse and panic (FAR easier said than done though). Wait and see what you vet says. It could be scar tissue or something completely benign like that. The what if's will drive you crazy.

Wouldn't have thought so hun. Stop worrying:shock:

Sorry :oops: I'm a bit jumpy, just thought eddie was dead in the crate then realised it was the fluffy bunny I had put in for him which had fallen over and Eddie was happily hopping around another part of the room :roll::oops:

Try not to over analyse and panic (FAR easier said than done though). Wait and see what you vet says. It could be scar tissue or something completely benign like that. The what if's will drive you crazy.

Its squishy :( Even Steve felt it and said abscess and he doesn't know all that much about them :(

Sorry :oops: I'm a bit jumpy, just thought eddie was dead in the crate then realised it was the fluffy bunny I had put in for him which had fallen over and Eddie was happily hopping around another part of the room :roll::oops:

I know it shouldn't but this made me giggle :oops:
I'm sure he'll be fine....worry won't help anything, although I know thats easier to say than to do.
*hugs*

Its squishy :( Even Steve felt it and said abscess and he doesn't know all that much about them :(

:( It was wishful thinking. I will still stubbornly hope its not an abscess though.

I'm not surprised you are jumpy. I hate those moments when you realise you have panicked for no reason. At least Eddie is ok though :D

Spoken to the vet and she is happy to leave well alone until Thursday :) She also agrees that taking him in sooner for an extra appointment is also not a good idea given his behaviour :roll::lol:

At least if he is lightly sedated for the blood test she can have a real good feel of the lump at the same time :)

Timmy is my favourite RU bunny I have followed him ever since your first post and fell in love with him. I always search for updates on here :wave: such an amazing story and you have done so well, sorry I have never commented until now but you have done such a brilliant job and it is so heart warming that there are people out there who care

He is sucha lucky bunny please keep us updated sending lots of get well soon vibes xxx

Timmy is my favourite RU bunny I have followed him ever since your first post and fell in love with him. I always search for updates on here :wave: such an amazing story and you have done so well, sorry I have never commented until now but you have done such a brilliant job and it is so heart warming that there are people out there who care

He is sucha lucky bunny please keep us updated sending lots of get well soon vibes xxx

Thank you :wave:

Back