• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any English Lop mummies out there?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:
I'm looking to adopt an EL...and I was just wondering if any of you have any tips or hints about having these stunning buns.
Any pics would be fab too :D
Thanks!

I have an English Lop ,he doesn't have mega long ears thank goodness but hes very lovely and very gentle.

sleepyalexander.jpg

SS100945.jpg

SS100818.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how they hop with their ears!:lol::lol:

If they're anything like Frenchies then they are the most furpect buns EVER!:love::love:

They don't hop very well at all :( Both the english lops I have had stay here have repeatedly stood on their ears trying to get about. It is heartbreaking to watch and I hate the fact that they were ever bred that way :(

They don't hop very well at all :( Both the english lops I have had stay here have repeatedly stood on their ears trying to get about. It is heartbreaking to watch and I hate the fact that they were ever bred that way :(

I'm not a fan of the ears!:oops::oops: Too big! Of course, rescuing one that needs it is a lovely thing!:D

I've heard of people tying the ears back really loosely, so they don't rip their ears to shreds.

I've loved the breed for years as my Aunt had one when I was very young who was amazing.
I always (well, since becoming aware of the rescue situation :oops: ) said that I would only ever get one if I found one in rescue.
Has anyone heard about any health problems they have (other than with their ears) ?

ETA: biscuitblossom.....He is stunning :love:

It (not sure on sex yet) will be living as a freerange housebun and (If I may say so.....a life of luxury :oops: ) that's if they bond of course *finger crossed*

My bridge bun Mopsy was an english lop. She didnt have really long ears but then she went to the bridge at 6 months so perhaps they would have had more growing to do.

She was an amazing bun. Very loving and a great personality. I miss her every day.:cry:

April2009046.jpg

When she first arrived, aged 8 weeks.

June2009024.jpg

With her husbun Peter about 2 weeks before she passed.

May09001.jpg

A bonding photo showing just how big her ears were.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show her off again. I loved her very much.

My bridge bun Mopsy was an english lop. She didnt have really long ears but then she went to the bridge at 6 months so perhaps they would have had more growing to do.

She was an amazing bun. Very loving and a great personality. I miss her every day.:cry:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show her off again. I loved her very much.

I'm so glad you posted, I was going to PM you the other day...you and Shazza were the only EL mums i could remember, but I wasn't sure if you would mind me asking. :oops:
She really was gorgeous :love:

I have my rescue girly Gracie. She is the most loving friendly bunny ever. I would take more in a heartbeat.

However, they cant go out in any form of damp weather, if their ears get wet they can rot. Also, if they use a water dish, maybe best to invest in a spaniel bowl to stop the ears going in. Gracie prefers a normal bowl, but spaniel ones are best.

She does stand on and trip over her ears, its a sin :(. But she is fab when she binkies, sounds like a rug flapping :lol:

helix020.jpg

helix017.jpg

Flynnhoppong023-1.jpg

And a few video's :D

This is an old one, when she was in her little shed, but it shows how cute binkies are

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Gracie playing in her hay :lol:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

And most recently, Gracie showing me she knows her way home :lol:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/dynno/?action=view&current=Flynnhoppong007.flv

Gracie is STUNNING!!! :love::love:
It wouldn't go outside in damp weather......I don't let Blue out if it isn't nice and sunny :oops:
I really do spoil him FAR too much!

I'm so glad you posted, I was going to PM you the other day...you and Shazza were the only EL mums i could remember, but I wasn't sure if you would mind me asking. :oops:
She really was gorgeous :love:

Of course I dont mind. Its been lovely to post about her again.

Biscuitblossom, your bunny is gorgeous!

Beatrixpotter, Mopsy was gorgeous, i cant imagine how much you miss her, they have such big charictors.

Thank you Jaysmonkey and Bluesmum :D

I was going to adopt a english lop from Jill before I got Noisette... until it came and it was a black and white mini lop :lol::lol::lol:

Biscuitblossom, your bunny is gorgeous!

Beatrixpotter, Mopsy was gorgeous, i cant imagine how much you miss her, they have such big charictors.

Thank you Jaysmonkey and Bluesmum :D

Thank you. She was like no other bun I have ever known. I will never have another like her. She might have only been with us for 4 months but I'm so glad we had that time. All her litter mates went to the bridge even younger.:cry: I know that you shouldnt have favourites but she was and still is mine.

Back