• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh no why do i do this??

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Look on rabbit rescue sites?? :cry::cry:

There are so many beautiful bunnies looking for homes it makes me so sad. Especially when they say they have been looking for a home for 10 months etc.

I already have 2 that im hoping to bond but im sure I could fit in another bonded 2?? but where does it end :( - I never knew or thought about rescue centres before I came on this site and neither of mine came from a rescue but you live and learn dont you... poor bunnies...

I guess its not just me that feels like this :love:

I'm on 17 bunnies, yet everytime i see another bun i try to work out if i can fit it in somewhere. I need a bigger garden for more sheds :(

Look on rabbit rescue sites?? :cry::cry:

There are so many beautiful bunnies looking for homes it makes me so sad. Especially when they say they have been looking for a home for 10 months etc.

I'm exactly the same. Always falling in love with various buns from RIN / RR, but unfortunately can't afford to have any more :( The o/h is always asking me why I look at them when I know I can't have them!

We have 14 rescue three are special needs and I would love to take in more but we just don't have the room or else we would.

I have 16-plus a foster. I have one special bun and 9 dental buns.

I too would take on more if I could, however, the way I look at it is the time to stop taking on more is when those in your care would suffer if you did (be it if it led to your struggling financially, timewise, emotionally, etc).

17 is the most I've had and I'm happier with numbers where mine are in pairs or trios.

It's hard to know when to stop, and it can be heartbreaking to see those bund without homes, but you can help in other ways other than adopting them, like donating to the rescues (money, toys, practical things, etc), or volunteering, promoting them, things like that. That's just as important as being the adopter, and in some cases, more so.

I'd love to have more buns, we're getting Jose's husbun at the end of October but I think I'd like another 2 aswell at some point.

I'd also love to foster, but i need to save up to buy a big hutch. I could afford the food and hay and treats and stuff once they're here, but the big initial lay out for the hutch would be the problem. If i cant help by adopting every bun needing a home then I'd like to help out by looking after them until they find a forever home

Gosh....and I'm worrying about taking on one, which would make a total of 2!:lol:

Me too! I'm not pulling my weight financially at the moment so another rabbit would be more of a drain on my partner's finances- so I can't do it:(

Not yet anyway...

We rent a house so i think 2 is my limit but i dread to think if we had our own home, i'd certainly have a couple of house buns to start with. There are so many lovely buns out there:(

i'd love to rehome some - especially the ones no one wants cos they have special needs or something. i have the time and attention, just not the finances for vets:roll:

Back