• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yorkshire Show

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
I went on 15th July and only just got around to putting my photos on the computer. I saw two bunnies that day in very small runs with only a small amount of shelter (carrier box) and the food... It was very upsetting, the bunnys themselves, from what i could see looked in good health, Anyway here's some pictures...
SDC10354.jpg

SDC10353.jpg

I won't be going to the Yorkshire Show again. It was my first time there and my last!

I can't really see anything wrong with this :? They have more room than the rabbits in the show pens surely?

The show pen rabbits I never got to see, I've never been to a rabbit show and don't intend to, I didn't go on the rabbit day.
These rabbits were kept there for the whole duration of the show(3days), and their accomodation imo was not suitable. That's my opinion. :) The only reason I went to the show in the first place was because my friend invited me (she's a horse person see).

The show pen rabbits I never got to see, I've never been to a rabbit show and don't intend to, I didn't go on the rabbit day.
These rabbits were kept there for the whole duration of the show(3days), and their accomodation imo was not suitable. That's my opinion. :) The only reason I went to the show in the first place was because my friend invited me (she's a horse person see).

Oh, I didn't realise they were there for 3 days. Were they not put in hutches at night then?

And yes, maybe a good idea you didn't see the rabbit show, the pens are a bit on the small side.

was this where they were selling all of the wool hats too like some hippy woman?? there was some smallish chickens?? and maybe some other small animals i cant remember under a big tent canopee thingy?

if so there was very wrongness with this bun. it was majorly boiling and yes there was shelter but when i got to see bun it had not a drop of water (no food either...but it had grass obv) and was panting with heat i had a talk with lady she said she would sort it..........an hour later i came back still no water so i threatened to get yorkshire show officials involved and she rushed to get it some water i can be very abrupt when i want to be :lol: plus my 6ft6 muscle bound OH was mucky lookin her i think that worked

o yes we no how to get results

it wasnt on the rabbit show day it was on the last day the **** o the north show jumping day i was there when this was happening.....dont no if she/he looked ok the other days as i could only make it the one day due to work.

plus she shouldnt in my eyes of really had it on the grass because a month prior to YS a worker from there posted on there saying there was myxi buns on the show ground surly shes putting bun in danger.....not sure cos i dont no alot about myxi i jus vaccinate and hope for the best but i guess if myxi buns been on the grass where domestic bun goes it could catch it??

o i didnt see the 2nd one too many kids where surrounding it and prodding it through the bars:censored: but gingery one had no water and caused the all the fuss...........but if shes gonna have them at the show she should make sure there fed and watered!

i called her a silly hippy and was slaggin her off in the animal enclosure near by and she was behind me :oops: i just looked at her and acted like i knew she was there :lol:

o i didnt see the 2nd one too many kids where surrounding it and prodding it through the bars:censored: but gingery one had no water and caused the all the fuss...........but if shes gonna have them at the show she should make sure there fed and watered!

i called her a silly hippy and was slaggin her off in the animal enclosure near by and she was behind me :oops: i just looked at her and acted like i knew she was there :lol:

Yeah I went on the second day (15th weds i think) and they both did have water and food but all the same ...now after what you've said it's a lot worse, poor darlings :cry:

well i was shocked it was a very hot day so i wasnt gonna let the bun suffer. if she hadnt of listened i would of chanced getting thrown off the yard by taking the bun and showing security how dehidrated it was it was just very sorry looking and didnt look happy at all and kept going to drink but obv no water so it couldnt.

Back