• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Green beans OK?

Herbert'sMum

Warren Scout
I've just discovered by accident that Herbert likes green beans. Whipped them away pronto as not sure whether they are OK to feed? Anyone know?

Oh interesting that calendulas( Scots Marigolds) and Nasturtians are on the list,I have a garden full of them.I'll try them on the buns.Though Nasturtians leafs are a bit peppery (we can eat them too in salads etc):D

Well I brought in some calendulas and nasturians leafs.Cleo took two calendula leafs,Rio turned his nose up at both.:)

Thanks for the replies. Herbert will be very pleased as he seemed to like them. I've never given before as for some reason I thought they were not suitable for bunnies!

Very surprised at some of the food on the list. I've been told before that rabbits shouldn't have any fruits with stones so have avoided cherries, nectarines etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Herbert will be very pleased as he seemed to like them. I've never given before as for some reason I thought they were not suitable for bunnies!

Very surprised at some of the food on the list. I've been told before that rabbits shouldn't have any fruits with stones so have avoided cherries, nectarines etc.

It's the stones themselves you want to avoid (and the leaves and bark of the tree) - trace levels of Cyanide apparently! :shock: The flesh or nearly all fruit, including tomatoes is absoultely fine just high in sugar so only as a treat. :D (Please note for anyone confused - tomatoes are a fruit - but the plant itself is very poisonous)

Back