• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people..grrrrrr....

*fluffybunny*

Warren Scout
Afternoon All,

I am so mad :censored: some bloke who works at our place has just noticed the bunny teddies on my desk and asked if I want a rabbit. I asked why and he said he'd just got a couple and its turned out ones a boy and ones a girl.
He said he wanted " 2 of the same". I asked who they are for and he said his 6 year old daughter :roll: He said they've already been "at it" but he's partitioned the hutch in 2 so they can't do it anymore :evil:
He reckons he had them at 7 weeks and now there 9 weeks, I asked what breed and he said "little ones, like dwarfs" I described a netherland dwarf and he thinks they are those.
He's threated that If I don't have one he may have to ring ones neck as he can't afford baby rabbits!!!! :evil: I said get them neutered but he said its too expensive, so i asked why have animals if you can't afford them? and he said they were free off a breeder he knows so didn't cost him anything so he doesn't want to spend alot on them!
I definatley can't take one, I havn't got the room and my hubby has said 2 is my limit.
I think he was making the ringing the neck bit up as emotional blackmail, which in itself is sick :evil:

I really want to say I'll take them!!! I don't have another hutch though...and the landlord might notice...let alone G!!

I could take them in until a home could be found if needed! But couldn't have them full time!!

I am utterly horrified. I really would call the RSPCA and report him. I would be worried that he has split what can only be a cheap (and probably therefore tiny) hutch into two so they must be living in tiny box homes too. :cry:

The very least he could do is take it to a sanctuary to be rehomed.:censored:

I don't want to offend you as he is your colleague, but what a horrid person. I think some people fail to understand what charming and sensitive little companions bunnies are when they are treated right. :roll:

Don't worry hun, I am not offended. He works in the factory and I work in the office so I don't see him all that often, he just pops in now and then.
He had no idea how into my buns I was, he just noticed the teddy rabbits on my desk and my rabbit calender and asked if i wanted one.
He won't give up the 2, only one as his daughter "needs one". It got quite heated today as I told him exactly how I feel, hopefully I've drummed it into him he must have alteast the boy neutered for now.
I'll see what tomorrow brings, I wish I could take one but its just impossible for me at the moment.

I am very wary of letting on that I love rabbits because there is ALWAYS someone wanting rid. My mum gets asked too now because people know that I love them. Puts you in a very difficult position. These people try and emotionally blackmail you.

My nephew has a rabbit and it is just not cared for properly :oops:
I am working very hard on them (him and his mother) and have managed to get him to pay the poor bunny some more attention, he gets in the run with him at least now. He lives on his own outdoors so has minimal social interaction.
I have also insisted that they get him his vaccinations. He is treated appallingly and lives in filth; I have offered to have him countless times. It breaks my heart to know that he is there and I have been so close to calling the RSPCA about him! :(
Life is getting better for him, but I just know how spoiled ours is and what a wonderful life she has, it makes me feel so bad.
Sorry this is a little off topic - in hindsight perhaps I should have started a new thread.

Update

The guy at work reckons the hutch is 5 foot and he has built a run. I have talked him into having the boy neutered, I know the doe needs doing too but atleast its a start.

Well done on what you've done! Hopefully the boy will be done and he won't think about neck wringing! You know where I am if you need it!

Thanks both, I really hope I got through to him, I think I did.
If we make a difference to just one buns life, all the nagging pays off eventually :lol:

that man reminds me of how we got two guiena pigs when I was little. A guy my father worked with was going to drown them if we didn't have them :evil:

Your doing a fantastic job with this man, truely well done :D

Some people,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

People say things like that as they think they are being smart. Don't entertain him as he will only keep it going. Just agree with him and say 'yes'. He is just wanting attention and by saying anything you are giving him his wish. However, keep you eye on the situation and if you ever think it is true then report him to the S.P.C.A.

My nephew has a rabbit and it is just not cared for properly :oops:
I am working very hard on them (him and his mother) and have managed to get him to pay the poor bunny some more attention, he gets in the run with him at least now. He lives on his own outdoors so has minimal social interaction.
I have also insisted that they get him his vaccinations. He is treated appallingly and lives in filth; I have offered to have him countless times. It breaks my heart to know that he is there and I have been so close to calling the RSPCA about him! :(
Life is getting better for him, but I just know how spoiled ours is and what a wonderful life she has, it makes me feel so bad.
Sorry this is a little off topic - in hindsight perhaps I should have started a new thread.

I'd report them relatives or not! :(

Yes, it was going to be my next plan of action. I am pleased to say that I have nagged them enough though, he is brought into the house for runs and hugs and love, they spend time in the garden with him, his hutch is clean and he is booked in at the vet for his vaccinations.

If they slip again, I think you are absolutely right. If he dies of fly strike, or myxi then I would never forgive myself.

Why don't people think before buying an animal that you are sole carer and provider for, it's like having a child and shouldn't be rushed into - grrr :censored::evil:

We're not too far away in Redditch, and I could always help with transport if theres a problem there.
If he changes his mind or needs to rehome give him the Hopper Haven number and if we have room we will try to help.

Back