• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP please, Dirty bum?

Dommy

Warren Scout
I just got Lola and charlie out to give them their medicine (panacur) as a blood test found charlie positive for a parasite(ecoli i think) but i noticed Lola had somethin mucky on the bottem side of her tail, it was darker than normal wee but lighter than, poo (sorry if i dnt describe it nicely but wanna be accurate!) had a tiny bit looked like she just done comin out her bum (sorry again) and im not sure if its diarrhea, there isnt anything in her cage except dark-ish (similar colour to what was on lolas tail) on the floor slughtly, marked on the floor. she is eating fine as i fed them some carrot and broccoli but she didnt seem to be chompin on her carrots like she usualy does and ive put her in the hall to see how she is (she is a nervy bunny so didnt run much) but she seemed quite ok and was still as curious as ever

im really wondering if im worrying for nothin and she just got some wee on her or if it is somethin to be concerned about

EDIT: Shes in the living room bouncing and darting around as normal, she does seem perfectly fine , happy and alert, i havnt seen her drink today but i havnt been up long (DAY OFF IM ILL :() but she was drinking late last night

Last edited:
Is she eating her pellets/hay? she could have teeth problem. if she is just eating her veggies this could give her soft/running stool.

Best to take her to a vet for a check up.

she is eating hay pellets and veg like normal.

would u say i should bring them to the vets as soon as possible or make an appointment :S

If she is eating her pellets, poohing and drinking as normal, then i wouldnt be worry too much. but keep a close eye on her and any changes to her eating behaviour or the running stool persist today then this does prompt a vet trip.

This is my opinion only, so if you are worry, then make an appointment. Only you know them best.

ok well ive called the vets and theyve told me to keep an eye on her for today, given me an appointment for 11 tomorow, if she starts to poo normally then i can just cancel it

also, what is 'bladder sludge'?

ok well ive called the vets and theyve told me to keep an eye on her for today, given me an appointment for 11 tomorow, if she starts to poo normally then i can just cancel it

also, what is 'bladder sludge'?

A build up of calcium deposits in the bladder. An indication that there is a problem with the metabolism of dietary calcium/too much dietary calcium

oh ok thnx jane, ill ask about this tomorow, if she stops producing whatever it is she is producing would it be somethin to worry about, i saw her eating the ceacel poo's while she ran around the living room as normal about 5mins ago, im not as worried now but ill make sure ill keep an eye on this

thnx for the advice given too

Back