• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I give up!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
How can i stop Jose from chewing EVERYTHING???

I tried the clapping at the same time of saying a sharp "NO!", that worked for a bit but now she just ignores it.
I've tried clapping really loudly, I've tried whistling, I've tried meowing (Yes, really!), I've tried hitting the settee, all worked for a bit and now she just ignores me!!!

What else can I do, she's constantly trying to chew something. (She's currently have a go at my jeans!!)

How can i stop Jose from chewing EVERYTHING???

I tried the clapping at the same time of saying a sharp "NO!", that worked for a bit but now she just ignores it.
I've tried clapping really loudly, I've tried whistling, I've tried meowing (Yes, really!), I've tried hitting the settee, all worked for a bit and now she just ignores me!!!

What else can I do, she's constantly trying to chew something. (She's currently have a go at my jeans!!)

:shock::shock:

Naughty Jose!!

I have no idea how to stop these problems... I have never had an issue with a chewer.... one thought was that maybe you spray the thinks she chews with a dilute yucky taste like lemons??

Tell her she is naughty and will be grounded!!:no:

Naughty Jose!!

I have no idea how to stop these problems... I have never had an issue with a chewer.... one thought was that maybe you spray the thinks she chews with a dilute yucky taste like lemons??

Tell her she is naughty and will be grounded!!:no:

I'd end up having to spray all the way round the room from the floor to about 18inches up the walls, the settee's, the radiator, mine and the OH's lower legs, the carpet, the doors, the remotes, basically anything thats left out :roll:

I'd end up having to spray all the way round the room from the floor to about 18inches up the walls, the settee's, the radiator, mine and the OH's lower legs, the carpet, the doors, the remotes, basically anything thats left out :roll:

Wow.

What a naughty girl!!

You'll have to buy her a muzzle!! :lol::lol: (not really)

saying no loudly when she does something, then if she ignores you put her in her cage for a bit, sniff loudly and turn your back (Maybe even flick your legs). This will show you are REALLY not impressed, and if your willing to miow, surely you will do this? :lol:

Also try rewarding her for chewing toys?

Do they exist?? lol

I'm now having to sit on the settee with my legs crossed to stop her from chewing my ankles :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

What a pain... I thought maybe a house made of glass? Might get a bit hot though!!

I'll come and steal her.... I live in a rented flat so I dont mind!!! :lol::lol:

Have her teeth removed. :)

:lol:

No really, do it...:evil:

I'm soooo glad Rory isn't a chewer....But he will ALWAYS go for the nearest phone charger if I dare tell his royalty off :roll:

saying no loudly when she does something, then if she ignores you put her in her cage for a bit, sniff loudly and turn your back (Maybe even flick your legs). This will show you are REALLY not impressed, and if your willing to miow, surely you will do this? :lol:

Also try rewarding her for chewing toys?

The only problem with this is that she's pretty much impossible to pick her up without chasing her around the living room for 10minutes - she hates being picked up

The only problem with this is that she's pretty much impossible to pick her up without chasing her around the living room for 10minutes - she hates being picked up

Jez is the EXACT same, it's so annoying. Every other bun has been fine, but not him :roll:

Don't know what to suggest though. Maybe just sniff really loudly, then turn your back to him ?

Jez is the EXACT same, it's so annoying. Every other bun has been fine, but not him :roll:

Don't know what to suggest though. Maybe just sniff really loudly, then turn your back to him ?

What does the sniffing do?

Our backs are to her anyway, cos we're sitting on the settee facing one way and there's a 4ft gap behind the settee before the wall, and she's behind us chewing the wall and skirting board!

I'm now lying on the floor behind the settee in that gap and she's trying to get behind me to chew the wall still!!

you have to wait till they are past the terrible teens, get them a pal then if your lucky they settle down

nothing i did stopped Alvin, he just got clever and sneaky.. i now have towels EVERYWHERE protecting the wall paper, a spare roll of wall paper and paint for patching up and lots of ruined furniture.

hes now two and rarely chews, only if im late with pellets :roll:

i will NEVER NEVER NEVER have a baby animal again after Alvin :(

What does the sniffing do?

Our backs are to her anyway, cos we're sitting on the settee facing one way and there's a 4ft gap behind the settee before the wall, and she's behind us chewing the wall and skirting board!

I'm now lying on the floor behind the settee in that gap and she's trying to get behind me to chew the wall still!!

I can't remember where I read it, but they associate the sound with you being angry with them. It seems to work with my three, they look at me as if to say 'what have I done now?' :lol:

Back