• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 4 success stories please!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
3 weeks today all my buns are going on a bonding holiday!!!

I'm very excited about it but trying not to be just in case it doesnt work. The plan is that if they bond well we will be getting them a nice big wendy house with an attached run.:D

I'm not doing the bond myself but I think it would help my nerves if I could hear some bonding success stories.

Thank you!

3 weeks today all my buns are going on a bonding holiday!!!

I'm very excited about it but trying not to be just in case it doesnt work. The plan is that if they bond well we will be getting them a nice big wendy house with an attached run.:D

I'm not doing the bond myself but I think it would help my nerves if I could hear some bonding success stories.

Thank you!

Janice bonded our group of 4 (2 sisters who were a pair and 2 ARC brothers who were a pair).

They were with her for a few days (nearly a week) and it was the girls who were, and still are, the dominent ones. They have now been together about 9 months and get on great and are very grateful to Aunty Janice (as am I)

025-1.jpg

I did my four - it took weeks but they get on great now. I was even brave enough to go for a 6 too. (it worked out easier then the 4:roll:)
If you would like a tip - try letting them see each other as much as possible over the next 3 weeks. Ideally I would put their housing and runs next to each other and swap them over every day so they smell each other too.

I am sure your group of 4 will be fine too. Lots of positive energy and patience :)
Let us know how you get on.

I bonded a 4 successfully, was easier than some of my pairs. They were 2 male brothers and 2 unrelated single females, one of which wasn't neutered :)

Thanks everyone. Its good to hear some positive stories!

They are going to be bonded by Helen(The Duchess) so I know they are going to be in fantastic, experienced hands.

Where would you like me to start .... bonded lots of groups and always advocate the keep apart from the other groups until it is time to get on with the deed.

Is Auntie Helen helping you?

I've bonded 2 fours for other people (webbkath being one of them) plus my own four twice in different combinations and then added another to make the five-o I have now. It can be done :) Stay calm & good luck!

Hi I have a group of 4, mum & dad and 2 'babies' .... all four were neutered before going together and the bond was easy (they could all see/hear/smell each other beforehand as well) and they have been great ever since as well. They all live in a shed and have free range of the garden during the day.

Back