• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grinding/Squeaking noise?

aimee_es

Young Bun
Morning all,

Well Poppy is being quite vocal, she seems happy enough:love:, is eating and drinking well, but is making a rather odd noise. Like she's grinding her teeth, but only faintly.

She only does it when she's walking around, either in her cage, or on the floor, though its not all the time. I don't think she looks like she's in any pain, but then what do i know?:?

What do you guys think?

This could be one of two things (that I know of).

It could either be tooth purring. A very faint purr when she's being stroked/lying in a very comfortable spot! You get this sound with a content bunny.

OR

It could be tooth grinding! A sign of pain. She's likely to be hunched up and not very content. She probably won't flop and is fidgety.

If she;s never had her teeth checked then I'd recommend a check up as spurs painful but cannot be seen, or something might be found.
Hopefully it's the first, but you can't be too careful!

She's 9 weeks old, we only collected her yesterday. She does have a little diarrhea, well, she did yesterday, but so far so good this morning.

She's eating and drinking well, and is coming out to play. She's comfortable when she's being cuddled, and generally seems quite happy.

Its a little like the noise a guinea pig makes (a LITTLE bit, lol):oops: its hard to explain!

I've booked her in for a general check up with the vets on tuesday x

She's 9 weeks old, we only collected her yesterday. She does have a little diarrhea, well, she did yesterday, but so far so good this morning.

She's eating and drinking well, and is coming out to play. She's comfortable when she's being cuddled, and generally seems quite happy.

Its a little like the noise a guinea pig makes (a LITTLE bit, lol):oops: its hard to explain!

I've booked her in for a general check up with the vets on tuesday x

Has she poo'ed today though?

They are very pretty bunnies.

If she has diarrhoea then you should be watching her VERY carefully. Baby buns can go downhill really quickly. Make sure she has lots of hay and water. She shouldn't have veg until she's 12-14 weeks, so her gut has time to mature.
I've known of a few buns who squeak to show disapproval, but am under the impression that it can be a sign of pain or severe fright.

If you got her yesterday then I'd recommend giving her time in her hutch/cage to get used to her space for a day or two before starting to have her out much. This should minimize stress.

Also, if you have any concerns then take her straight to the vet! Buns are very delicate creatures! Let us know how she's doing!:D

not that i've noticed, but i havent been up too long

I don't want to alarm you but rabbits can deteriorate very quickly and especially with her being so young I would ring a vet to at least ask for advice, you need to monitor her to see if she is drinking and pooing, after having diarrohea she could be dehydrated.

Just noticed them in your sig - they are beautiful:love:

they are cute aren't they!! lol

i havent given her any fresh fruit, and was careful to buy the food that they were being fed. i haven't handled them too much, because i wanted them to settle in.

I'm hoping that its just the upheaval of the move, but i am starting to get more worried,:( even though she seems generally happy enough. Its Minnie who has spent the majority of the time in her house, a little more uncertain. Poppy actually seems quite confident, playing with her toys.

charlie rabbit grunt-squeaked yesterday to let me know he'd had enough time under my chin being cuddled and was now looking for the restroom.

My neighbours nethie is always grunting and squealing whenever you go near it :roll: There's nothing wrong with it though, it's just grumpy

Back