• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Been Two Years-Remembering the Girlie Boblets

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Two years ago today I experienced one of the worst 48 hours of my Bunny Care-Giver life, the sudden and very untimely death of Nellie, Peggy-Sue and Bree Boblet :cry: They were Bobbie's daughters, John-Boy and Little Bill's sisters.

I still struggle to understand 'why' and even after the PMs which revealed 'Pyloric Stenosis'-assumed congenital in origin) I cant quite come to terms with it. I honestly believe that there must have been *something* I did or did not do, something I missed, that triggered the condition to become 'active' so to speak :? Or else how come they all died within 48 hours :? :cry:

I guess I'll never know :cry: :cry:

Picture720-1-1.jpg

bobbieandtheboblets-1.jpg

Picture937-1-1.jpg

Picture1141-3.jpg

ETA Some of you may like to take a look at this

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...in_id=1605&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Last edited:
They were all so beautiful.
Just reading through this forum and seeing your posts, how much you care I think you would have had to have a complete personality transplant to have let anything happen to any of them.
Still I know how we blame ourselves for things that are completely out of our control. Thinking of you:(
Katherine

That must have been an awful time for you. :(:( They were all so beautiful and life can be very cruel. It must be awful to wonder if it's something you did or didn't do but it would never have been anything you did intentionally and something could have gone wrong at any time; I know that the girls wouldn't want you to feel guilty about it. Huge hugs. xxx

ETA: I tried to click on the link but it's telling me I need to register. :? I'm sure it took me straight to videos before.

That must have been an awful time for you. :(:( They were all so beautiful and life can be very cruel. It must be awful to wonder if it's something you did or didn't do but it would never have been anything you did intentionally and something could have gone wrong at any time; I know that the girls wouldn't want you to feel guilty about it. Huge hugs. xxx

ETA: I tried to click on the link but it's telling me I need to register. :? I'm sure it took me straight to videos before.

Sorry, try this link

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...in_id=1705&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

I remember it like it was yesterday. Hard to believe how much time has passed. They were lovely and you'll never forget them.

has it really been that long since you (and us of RU) lost your beautiful angels :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

im sorry Jane, i cant imagine the pain your feeling right now xxxx

I too remember this well :(, I had only just joined the forum and couldn't believe what you were going through. You did everything you could for them, no one could have done any more.

Thinking of you.

Thinking of you Jane! They were beautiful! :love::love::love:

Do you have their story?

The Boblets came here aged about 10 days. Their Mum Bobbie was rescued from a meat farm along with numerous other Rabbits. Bobbie was very poorly with severe conjunctivitis and a RTI due to the fact she had been caged in a block which had open floors allowing wee and poo from the upper cages to constantly fall onto Bobbie and the Boblets who were in a lower cage :cry:
Bobbie was emaciated yet she was having to feed 5 hungry kits. Bobbie was also pregnant again :cry: She lost all 8 of the second litter. 3 were stillborn. On my Vet's advice and due to the fact Bobbie was so ill 24 hours after birth we had to remove the remaining 5 newborns and attempt hand rearing them. None survived :cry: :cry:

Bobbie became even more ill with a Penicillin induced enteritis. She very nearly died. But after intensive treatment she eventually recovered.
Meanwhile the Boblets, Nellie, Peggy-Sue, Bree, John-Boy and Little Bill all did reasonably well. They did develope Snuffles though, probably caught from Bobbie.

One weekend two years ago the three Girlie Boblets became acutely ill with bloat. Within 48 hours all three had gone :cry: :cry: As you can imagin I was devastated :cry: :cry:

PMs, including samples sent to a Vet Lab for analysis gave 'Pyloric Stenosis' as the cause of death in all three. Two Vets concluded it to be a congenital problem. But I think I'll always have a niggling doubt............ :? :cry:

Little Bill has had 3 episodes of bloat/stasis. Each time I have been terrified that he too would die. He is also a Dental Bun, requiring his first Dental at the age of 4 months :shock: :cry:

John-Boy has so far 'only' had one episode of bloat. But again I feared the worst given his family history.

If I were to get my hands on the :censored: breeder who was responsible for all this I would lock him in a 2ft cage and make sure he had urine and faeces poured over him all day and night. He'd get no food or water either.
Hopefully he'd rot away in a ton of excrement :evil:

How terrible!

I'm sure you know this but pyloric stenosis is when the sphincter out of the stomach is not properly formed. The Boblets looked too old to have problems with it as it generally occurs when they are VERY young (2 days-ish). My fiance had to have an operation when he was two days old and nearly died. They thought my son had it too (thankfully he didn't!) It's probably not the same as in bunnies as they can't be sick, and I'm no vet, but it doesn't seem like the type of problem they would have.

At least the Boblets and mum got to know love and affection in their short time with you! You showed them kindness where they'll never have known it before! At least they knew that someone cared!

If I were to get my hands on the :censored: breeder who was responsible for all this I would lock him in a 2ft cage and make sure he had urine and faeces poured over him all day and night. He'd get no food or water either.
Hopefully he'd rot away in a ton of excrement :evil:

That would be far too good for him. :censored::censored::censored: It's bad enough seeing buns with yellow legs from living in filth but the idea of bunnies living above them weeing all over them is just too awful :cry::cry::cry: Anyone who can allow that is sub-human:evil:

Having lost buns suddenly and feeling helpless and lost I just can't comprehend how losing 3 much-loved together over 2 days must feel. Thinking of you on this sad anniversary and sending Bobbie, JB and LB a cuddle.

How terrible!

I'm sure you know this but pyloric stenosis is when the sphincter out of the stomach is not properly formed. The Boblets looked too old to have problems with it as it generally occurs when they are VERY young (2 days-ish). My fiance had to have an operation when he was two days old and nearly died. They thought my son had it too (thankfully he didn't!) It's probably not the same as in bunnies as they can't be sick, and I'm no vet, but it doesn't seem like the type of problem they would have.

At least the Boblets and mum got to know love and affection in their short time with you! You showed them kindness where they'll never have known it before! At least they knew that someone cared!

The lab report and the 2 Vets who did the PM's said all three girls had an abnormally thickened pylorus. There was no evidence of bacterial or protozoal infection in any of the samples sent to the lab

:?

That would be far too good for him. :censored::censored::censored: It's bad enough seeing buns with yellow legs from living in filth but the idea of bunnies living above them weeing all over them is just too awful :cry::cry::cry: Anyone who can allow that is sub-human:evil:

Having lost buns suddenly and feeling helpless and lost I just can't comprehend how losing 3 much-loved together over 2 days must feel. Thinking of you on this sad anniversary and sending Bobbie, JB and LB a cuddle.

Thank you :)

How terrible!

I have also had a bunny with pyloric stenosis and he was 18 months old when it killed him:cry:

What a lovely tribute to your girls. You did everything and more for them Jane. Their lives may have been short but they knew love and kindness.Thinking of you. XX

Back