• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet recommendation

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
In the NW Kent, SE London area please!

Am getting more and more concerned that our vets are not great.

Jut thought you might like to know I'm going to go with Mark Rowland as the receptionist sounded very knowledgeable and their prices are actually cheaper than where I currently go. The only downside is that they are about half an hour away. Have made an appointment for Friday for their myxi and I shall speak to the vet about Mischa's teeth.

I know you have chosen a vet but just for your info, I use Mark Nelson in Thornton Heath... not sure how far they are from you, but they are fab!

Vera

Jut thought you might like to know I'm going to go with Mark Rowland as the receptionist sounded very knowledgeable and their prices are actually cheaper than where I currently go. The only downside is that they are about half an hour away. Have made an appointment for Friday for their myxi and I shall speak to the vet about Mischa's teeth.

Good choice :D

Thanks, if I wasn't on benefit and relying on my Dad to pay quite a lot of the time then the money wouldn't be an issue. If it turns out something is not right teethwise then I am going to be very angry with my current vets as I have been to them with this problem. :roll:

Thanks, if I wasn't on benefit and relying on my Dad to pay quite a lot of the time then the money wouldn't be an issue. If it turns out something is not right teethwise then I am going to be very angry with my current vets as I have been to them with this problem. :roll:

If you are in receipt of Benefits you may qualify for assistance with Vet fees via the RSPCA/PDSA.

I do know that the RSPCA have very strict limits on what they will do for a Dental Rabbit though. I know at Putney Animal Hospital they seldom agree to do on-going Dentals :cry:

This info came to me via a Vet. I do not use the RSPCA Hospital.

I believe we looked into the PDSA once before but are outside a catchment area? I think that's what they said. It was quite a while ago now.

Oh according to their website you have to be receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit and I believe I get neither. :evil:

:wave: am going to Mark Rowland in about 45 mins! My bun is staying their to have a GA tomorrow for dental investigation to slightly damp chin.
Very good vet so far but I have no loyalty to vets as lost too many rabbits in my youth due to :censored: vets.
O/h has to drive about 40 mins to get us there:)
Hope you like him though, seems to know allot.

(And you get free sweets in reception:oops:)

*didn't see sweets* Damn. :lol:

I was very impressed (aside from the odd shouting-out-the-back bit). Mischa's teeth look fine, thank goodness. They all look fine, he looked at eyes (finally have an explanation for the cloudy spot on Nutmeg's eye!), ears, teeth, heart rate, skin, stomach. Had a word about Mischa's diet and he was happy for him to have a small amount of mix as long as most of his diet was hay and grass.

I feel much more confident that there are no dreaded unseen problems (I am a worrier) and a lot more content. They (bunnies) arn't particularly happy with me though and I am being given the silent, turned back on treatment. :lol:

Last edited:
If you are in receipt of Benefits you may qualify for assistance with Vet fees via the RSPCA/PDSA.

I do know that the RSPCA have very strict limits on what they will do for a Dental Rabbit though. I know at Putney Animal Hospital they seldom agree to do on-going Dentals :cry:

This info came to me via a Vet. I do not use the RSPCA Hospital.

PDSA refused to help me even though O/H lost his job and gets job seekers. We went to a Celia Hammond place in the end and the vet was very good, knew alot about rabbits and only charged £30, meds included.

*didn't see sweets* Damn. :lol:

I was very impressed (aside from the odd shouting-out-the-back bit). Mischa's teeth look fine, thank goodness. They all look fine, he looked at eyes (finally have an explanation for the cloudy spot on Nutmeg's eye!), ears, teeth, heart rate, skin, stomach. Had a word about Mischa's diet and he was happy for him to have a small amount of mix as long as most of his diet was hay and grass.

I feel much more confident that there are no dreaded unseen problems (I am a worrier) and a lot more content. They (bunnies) arn't particularly happy with me though and I am being given the silent, turned back on treatment. :lol:

Who was shouting??:shock:
Anyway he is really good:)
Glad Mischa's OK, and just a fussy boy:lol:
(The sweets are on the table with the books;))

I don't know what was going on but anyway he seemed nice enough.

Mental note: remember to look for sweets when taking Smudge for neuter. :lol:

Back