• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First day, runny poo?

aimee_es

Young Bun
Hi all,:wave:

Well I was having an introductory cuddle with Poppy this afternoon, and as i picked her up i noticed she had runny poo by her bottom, and on her leg.

I cleaned her up, whilst hubby held her (she was so calm, and just let me do it!:love:) i just used a clean cloth with warm water, then dried her with some tissue. Then she went off perfectly happy.

Would this just be down to nerves of moving? Or maybe something else? She's eating and drinking, and doesn't seem unhappy at all, except making a strange squeaky/grinding noise, sometimes. She seems relaxed enough.

Take care

Aimee xx

Has she had any dietary changes since coming to you? Different pellets? Any fresh veg, etc?

Has she been allowed access to grass?? Sometimes eating lots of grass if theyve not been on it much before can cause the runs :(

Hopefully they'll both be fine :D

If either of them still has it tomorrow you might want to take them to the vets to get checked up.

They have such fragile tummies!

Thanks for the replies,

Sky-o, i bought the same stuff as they were having before they came to us, and i havent given them any fresh food, as i was advised to wait till they were about 12 weeks, but the hay may be different, so maybe thats it.

TeflonsShadow, no they haven't been on grass, they are indoors. Hopefully its just a bit of upheaval, i've got them booked in for a general check up on tuesday, so hopefully by then it'll be ok!

Thanks for the replies,

Sky-o, i bought the same stuff as they were having before they came to us, and i havent given them any fresh food, as i was advised to wait till they were about 12 weeks, but the hay may be different, so maybe thats it.

TeflonsShadow, no they haven't been on grass, they are indoors. Hopefully its just a bit of upheaval, i've got them booked in for a general check up on tuesday, so hopefully by then it'll be ok!

*Cough*

Still waiting for pictures :oops: :lol:

Back