• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've just had a look at Nutmeg's teeth, normally she doesn't let me but I managed to have a good look and I saw this...

DSC00468.jpg

It almost looks like a tiny bit of hay stuck between her tooth and the gum. It doesn't look like it within the tooth itself.

She also seems to gets small brown bits either side of her mouth quite often. She is a lionhead so it may just be bits of food stuck in her mane.

That, to me, looks like a bit of hay stuck to the tooth (like how we get a bit of herbs and stuff stuck on ours sometimes). Did you try and use your finger to slide it off?

When she gets the brown stuff, does it coincide with a particular food that she eats?

I didn't try to move it, no, it's a bit of an achievement to get her to let me look! I might try again and see if she'll let me touch it.

I haven't noticed any coincidence with foods, it's only small but it almost looks like small clots which is what got me worried.

Maybe when you take her tomorrow just ask the vet. The vet should also check her teeth when giving the once over for ay vaccination so should be able to move the hay if s/he feels it is a problem.

I got it out! She let me poke a little at it with a cotton wool bud after a long cuddle. It was a bit of hay or something, you were right, she seems happier now, I wonder how long it was in there.

The vet did try to check her teeth over last time but she's such a skittish bun, it's only recently I've been able to look at them myself.

Back