• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enlarged nipples

Donjenjes

New Kit
Our 1yr 10month old spayed female rabbit has 2 large nipple. They are pale and not hot to touch but have obviously had a creamy discharge.

I gave them a squeeze and she didn't registar any discomformt.

She is eating and running around as normal. Any ideas? Should I worry?

Donna

Could they be infected? Did it smell? :? If shes still like it monday, i would get her to the vets for a check up :)

Someone with more knowledge will be along soon xxx

I think she needs a vet. When it is something like a false pregnancy (which can happen in spayed girls), all the nipples should swell, so if one or two do, then that is a concern, be it due to infection, blockage or something else.

Best get her checked out when you can :)

Thanks Sky-O & Becky -I'll sort one out hopefull today.

In reply to Becky, no it didn't smell not even a little odour. I squeezed them both and nothing came out either, all very strange.

They are recused bunnies so they are not the best to cuddle but I was tackling the molting with a comb and found them.

Otherwise there is no way you'd notice anything wrong with her, she'd been high kicking it all day in there play pen.

Last edited:
Answered

Took Lola to the Vets and she's fine, VET feels it a lack of hygine on her part. They had a good feel around she a normal healthy rabbit.

I can only say I'm used to having Boy bunnies, therefore I don't know how big the nipples should be!! I know next time, but honestly I swear they weren't that big before.

:oops:

All you should be able to feel in a female rabbit is the tiny nipple, not any swelling.

Did the vet suggest anything you can do to help her? To ease the risk of infection, etc?

Back