• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please spare a healing vibe for Parsnip

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
He had his second x-ray yesterday, exactly four weeks after being operated on for his broken leg. Sadly, it's not healing very well - there is a small amount of 'separation' of the joint and it's not yet grown any new bone. So we've got another x-ray in four weeks time when, fingers and everything else crossed, there will be some calcification around the joint to stabilise it. If not, it means another operation for my brave little man :cry::cry:. The good news is that he's comfortable and is bearing a little weight on the leg.

Having depleted my vet savings account by a considerable amount with Parsnip's treatment, I bit the bullet and took out insurance for the dogs this morning. I know I've got sufficient savings put aside for the buns but I was starting to get worried about the dogs. I may be mad but I've paid out for the top 'supreme' scheme with Pet Plan which covers me for up to £12,000 in vet fees. Expensive, but at least it gives me peace of mind.

Oh no, I was hoping it would be better news, Parsnip has been such a brave bunny.

maybe it will just take a little longer to heal as he is an older bunny :?

I really pray it will be better news in 4 weeks and another op wont be needed :)

I really, really hope Parsnip's leg shows some improvement. I know if a bunny going through almost exactly the same thing and hers is also not healing as quickly as had hoped.

I hope the next x-ray shows vast improvement.

Back