• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I make things better for a solo outdoor bun..

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may have seen I am looking after Roxy until I can find her a forever home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=197674&highlight=Roxy

Is there anything I can do to make things better for her while she is with me? She has a 5ft hutch and separate run so doesn't have a huge amount of space, she is always really pleased to see me but I can't spend much time with her as she is at my Mums (I don't have a garden) Hopefully she won't be with us too long but I want to do whatever I can to make her happy.

Any ideas welcome :)

lots of things to break boredom, toilet rolls full of hay, treat ball, tunnels, digging boxes (cardboard box full of shredded paper)
scatter food to forage for it, step or chair to jump on, that sort of thing,

also try giving her a cuddly toy to snuggle up to and flenty of hay to keep her warm if teh nights are cold. you can try putting in other toys such as flower pots to toss old bunch of keys etc too and twigs/sticks to toss adn play and gnaw on. x

She has toilet rolls with hay and the hutch has a little inbuilt box which she loves jumping on and off and hiding underneath :) I was considering a soft toy but was worried she might chew it?

I need to find someone with some hazel branches!

I would also say stimulation. My buns love having their food hidden in things, on things, under things, etc, and can spend ages foraging for it.

Also, unless she is in quarantine (which she might be given she is a new bun) you can swap her toys with your buns toys to give her some different smells and things like that.

Maybe try her with a cuddly toy under supervision? None of my single buns have cuddly toys, but my foster does-although he only got his because he came to me at about 5-6 weeks old so the toy was supposed to be like a litter mate.

Back