• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something up with Cherry

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Cherry came to me as a stray, she refuses hay, and I have been feeding more than the usual pellets to try and build her up.

She has refused pellets, and hay :( has eaten a few dandelions and some treats. Waiting for the vets later, is there anything I can do to help her? I have no syringe foods.

She just seems so skinny already, I do fear that this may finish her off

If she wont eat hay I suspect she has Dental problems.
Has she had a Dental under GA?
Is her mandible 'lumpy'

Good luck at the Vets :)

Again, another who has had her teeth checked recently. The were checked when she was spayed about 6 weeks ago and again by my vet two weeks ago when she had her VHD. I do wonder if the stress on the VHD (she had scabbing after, which has now dropped off, which you reassured me about Jane Thank you.), has triggered something underlying

I also think there is something going through my buns, which started with Autumn. And I will be getting it sorted today, going to ask for bloods, Charlie seems to be loosing weight too, with no teeth problems. Yet Granit and Sophie seem Completely fine :(, but :)

Teeth checked today nothing there, stomach still has content, so just got fibre plex for now, and to leep a close eye on her

I did 14, and the vet said I should stop, it did seem to help Charlie, as he put weight on. I even asked the vet when I took him on Wednesday if I should have continued but she siad that 14 days was way enough.

ok doing my head in now, I have 6 different type of hay in there as well as hay cakes and alfalfa cubes, anything to get her to eat hay (she didn't eat much when she came to me, but it is non existant now.

She is eating though, she has had porridge oats this morning, And she is taking any fruit and veg I can give her, as well as the fibre plex the vet gave me yesterday (they had no recovery which is what Carole suggested first, is there much difference?)

Can I give Panacur with fibreplex? Thinking of doing panacur again!

What I am worrying about is her poohs, the look very wet, although are forming pooh balls so they are not completely soggy, surely this can't be good.

Panacur can be given with Fibreplex but tbh I feel there must be some Dental issues going on for her :?

If you put pressure along her mandible or on her cheeks does she show signs of discomfort ?

Have you got any Oxbow Critical Care ? If so I'd put a bowl of that down for her rather than porridge.

She seems to be putting on weight now, and has had a full tum since Sunday afternoon. Still worried about her non hay eating, and she is still being given fibreplex 2-3 a day, but no porridge.

She even escaped to eat the dandelions in the garden, after I put her in the pen on the grass.

Back