• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding After Bullying - Bad Idea?

happybunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

We had a group of 4 - 2 unrelated boys and 2 (possibly sisters) girls.

We discovered that Abbie (the larger girl) was bulling the smaller girl (Boo) after she lost weight and failed to put it back on (long story).

We seperated Boo from the group and as we had a single male (Oliver) who had recently lost his partner we were able to bond her into a pair. This was about 4 months ago. Unfortunately Oliver died last month and Boo is obviously very lonely. Her personality has really changed. She used to be very quite and timid and now she is into everything and loves to play.

We have tried bonding her with our living room bunnies but the female will not accept her and also with another trio but again it is not going to work.

We are left with 2 options:

1 - try and rebond her with the original 3. If this works she would be able to be free range in our spare room.

2 - try and bond her with "the family". This a group of 4 - mum and 3 kids (1 boy / 2 girls). Mum is in someway related too Boo possibly sister or mum. The family live in 2 hutches in pairs but have out time together. This would make housing Boo difficult as she would either have to live in a Lavendar lodge with 2 of the family or on her own. I also worry about bonding a 5!!!

My preffered option is on but is it a really bad idea. Has this ever worked for anyone?

I have a week off work and need to know which option to concnetrate on...

Thanks!

Back