• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been forgiven!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Posy came home from her spay yesterday morning and was understandably grumpy with me. Every time I talked to her she would turn so her bum was facing me.

This morning I picked her up to check her over. Usually this is tricky because she is not a cuddle bun at all and wriggles madly until I put her down again. Well I picked her up today and she was calm and relaxed in my arms and snuggled up with her nose under my chin and I was able to give her a long cuddle and lots of kisses.:love: I've had her 2 months now and this was our first proper cuddle.:love:

She does love me after all!:love::D

In my experience they get like that at/after the vets. I'm not sure if it's "please mummy, I'll be nice, just don't take me back there again" or "I feel sicky mummy, gimme cuddle!" or "I thought you were a meany but that vet man was meaner, you're ok really!"

She's doing really well.:D

She's eating her hay really well and ate all her veggies last night. The pellets are going down a bit slowly but I'm not worried so long as she's eating the hay.

Her poos are great! Someone at the vets said she was the first bun they had seen to do huge boulder poos in the recovery tray!

I'm loving having her inside. Makes me want a house bun.:D

Blue comes to bed for cuddles in the morning :love: house bunnies kick the preverbial bottom :D
Glad she's doing well.

Glad Posy is doing well after her spay :D

Daisy jumps on the bed for cuddles every morning too :love: - but cuddles from Daisy usually only last a few minutes before they turn into a nipping and head butting session until mummy gets up and gives her some pellets :roll: :lol:

Oh, and reading in bed with Daisy in the room is a definite no no - she's patiently demonstrated to me many times what happens to books if they interfere with attention for bunnies :lol:

But yeah, house bunnies are great :p

Back