• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In sides of bunny sheds?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
what do yours look like? Im looking for some inspiration, mine dog kennel run comes tomorrow, and I know I want to insulate it, and I want to make it original, but other than that Im not sure

I used the shed part of my run as mainly storage with a hutch and they seem happy enough with it:

121020081354.jpg

121020081355.jpg

121020081367.jpg

121020081387.jpg

121020081388.jpg

I haven't any current ones but will take some if you want to see the finished product.

I am quite confused, as I said to OH that I would keep bunny stuff in their shed bit, but I am concern there will not be enough room, so storage solutions would be good

Well... we dont have any shevles in our shed or anything... the OH has never got round to it :( They do have enough room though anyway, shed is 8x6 and run is 8 x 12 :)

Here it was before they moved in:
100_1156.jpg

An old pic of the mess theyve made :lol:
100_1240.jpg

I shall get you a pic in the morning as they have all new stuff in now :D I would suggest storage in the shed... maybe 4odd foot of the ground though so they cant reach it ;) A shelf would be fine because you could store everything on it xxx

WE have enough space for all our rabbit and guinea pig stuff in our shed I will take a pic of it now with the storage stuff in there so you can see.

Mine's pretty much just 6 large hutches inside a shed otherwise filled with various equipment:p
The rabbits in the lowest hutches sometimes has the run of the floor, but it keeps getting all filled with droppings everywhere after just a day so it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. :roll: Otherwise its better to let them take turns of the outside runs...while it isn't raining. :censored: (No, I have only been able to make one hutch-run combo that works, and even that one has to be taken away at winter. You're lucky in the UK:roll:)
P1010022-1.jpg

These are the six hutches (old picture so the ones at the right side wasn't finished. Only one was occupied since this was taken shortly after Cloud's hutch collapsed under the snow)

I keep hay in a wooden box by the wall that my dad made, which is exactly big enough for one bale of hay:D
When the rabbits are out I cover it with the bottom half of an indoor hutch since they tend to jump in there and use it as a litter box :roll:
Pellets is in a large bin made for dog food, while bedding is in the same plastic wrappers it came in.
Before I got the bin for the rabbit pellets, Aroma chewed open a hole on the bottom of the pellet-bag (which is 25 kgs..) and I had to keep it in the hay-bin to prevent them from stuffing themselves whenever they got a chance:roll:
I don't have pictures of these though... Only old pics of how it used to be before the bins came:
P1010004-4.jpg

This are the shelves with transport cages and various equipment on. (It looks nowhere as tidy right now, even one transport cage has been thrown out because I couldn't find room for it anymore). I keep some dried leaves up here too, for storage in the winter when I can't just go out and pick some anymore. The hay-bin has been built underneath it (where the bucket and the cardboard box are standing on the picture.)
P1010003-3.jpg

And this is the table where I prepare their food. It looks pretty much the same now, only changes are the stuff on and underneath it.
Underneath I now keep the pellets-bin and the bedding.
On top is various snacks, a knife and some random stuff.
I have a water-tank hanging on the side of the table, and there's also some nails in the walls underneath the shelf, for harnesses, brushes (both for the rabbits themselves and one for cleaning their food-dishes) and the nail-clipper. The two yellow rabbits on top are actually part of a jumping obstacle, but I've been too lazy to train (just put the rabbits in their runs and let them do as they please) so they're just decoration for now:lol:

Hay is my main concern with storing. What I don't want is to leave it exposed for the to sit on and use a a toilet, ruining 2-3 months of hay. I buy 2 bales at a time, along with 2 bags of megazorb and a bag of pellets. The pellets are already stored in a plastic box, which is easily moved.

I wonder if I could add shelves somewhere, but then I wanted the shelves to increase the buns amount of space, rather than use it for storage :(

Here is my old set up. Everything has been removed except the patio chair for the moment while the buns settle from their bonding. Hoping to put it all back in again in the future.

View from outside

Rabbits050.jpg

As you turn left through the door

Rabbits045.jpg

The catflap is under the NIC cube

Rabbits044.jpg

At the end of the NIC cube set up on the back wall were 2 hutches, one higher than the other and neither used for sleeping but great for climbing on!

Rabbits049.jpg

On the wall as you turn right into the shed. 2 Litter trays (Now 3 in there with Honey moving in:D)

Rabbits048.jpg

Last edited:
Hay is my main concern with storing. What I don't want is to leave it exposed for the to sit on and use a a toilet, ruining 2-3 months of hay. I buy 2 bales at a time, along with 2 bags of megazorb and a bag of pellets. The pellets are already stored in a plastic box, which is easily moved.

I wonder if I could add shelves somewhere, but then I wanted the shelves to increase the buns amount of space, rather than use it for storage :(

I took a photo of my hay bin. It works great. With the plastic cover on top no rabbit can get in, but they can sit on top of it. I was planning to make a lid in wood, but haven't gotten to that yet besodes, by quite a lucky coincidence that the bottom of the indoor cage is exactly the same size as the box:lol:
P1010002-7.jpg

At the moment the bottom is also used to try a raspberry bush:roll: Which is why its all filled with various leaves.

Jessica, I have NIC CUBES!!!! Never thought to put them in the run, THANK YOU!!

Zakura, I was thinking of getting some wook and 'knocking up' something like that, with a lid, but at the minute I am pretty skint.

Think I will have to put off my OH, as he now wants the buns in the new run, but he still has no clue who many I have got!!

Love that idea of a plant holder as a hay holder, them little ones don't do a thing for my floppy, i'm of to get one of them :lol: at the moment i use willow dog baskets but he chews them like there going out of fashion :lol:

Have you thought of using a dustbin, you no the old type round ones? you can either get them in silver steel or black plastic? great for storing hay in ;)

Jessica, I have NIC CUBES!!!! Never thought to put them in the run, THANK YOU!!

No problem. The NIC cubes were great fun for the boys. The top shelf was by the window and Ernie used to sun himself in the nice weather!
The bottom section with the catflap was a different story altogether. I had to squeeze myself in and out of there before Eric bit my bum!!:lol::lol:

Love that idea of a plant holder as a hay holder, them little ones don't do a thing for my floppy, i'm of to get one of them :lol: at the moment i use willow dog baskets but he chews them like there going out of fashion :lol:

Have you thought of using a dustbin, you no the old type round ones? you can either get them in silver steel or black plastic? great for storing hay in ;)
Oh I love this site. I have one of them currently holding my weedings and deadheadings!!

Here's ours

4501_103764017159_698257159_2700522_7817010_n.jpg

n698257159_2700544_2448509.jpg

4501_103764292159_698257159_2700570_127947_n.jpg

We've lost the grass now and instead of one big ramp to the top, there's another small ledge below it with a ramp leading to it from the bottom and then from that ledge up to the top.

Back