• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lollipop is home

melly

Warren Scout
he is home and ive settled him in have given him some of his fav cabbage and some carrot which he has started to nibble :D but he still hasnt had a poo yet hopein he will now he has started to eat, they said he would be quite sleppy but he seems quite awake really and he movin round his indoor hutch. could he have some poo vibes :D

can anyone tell me roughly when i shud be worring about him not doin poos i picked him up at 2:30 and its 7:30 now and still nothing, im sorry if im being silly and worryin to much but i have never had a rabbit done before, he has eatten some of his carrot and cabbage but no poo's, also there was know poo's in his box that i picked him up in but dont no how long he was in there for, i rang the vet at 2 to ask how he was and they said fine and i cud pick him up at 3:30-4:00 but when i asked if he had been eattin after his op they said they dont give him food i had to do that when i got home, but im sure ( please tell me if im wrong) that i have read on here about vets feedin them hay and such so i left work early and got him home as soon as i could.

It'll be a few more hours yet before he poos.
Encourage him to keep eating and drinking.
Hopefully poos will appear overnight :)

ok so he has done poo's but doesnt seem to be eattin much he has had a whole carrot and some dandiloin leaves i gave him some grass socked in water as i havnt seen him really drink but i dont think he has eatten much of it :( in goin to the shop now to buy him some carrot tops and parsley as they are his all time fav so im hopin that he will eat them.

do you think he is in pain the vet gave him a metcam ( not sure if thats how is spelt ) when he had his op but didnt give me anything to take home should i have been given something?

Back