• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lily and her "Snuffles"

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
....which may not be snuffles at all!!
She had an appointment at the vets yesterday.Her 3rd appointment in the 4 weeks Ive had her.
It was a different vet this time..Beebee usually sees her.
Anyway,She was really shocked at Lilys teeth.She looked up at me and said "Have these not been noticed?"
The top AND bottom teeth were so LONG!! Her poor little mouth...Im so surprised there are no absesses or anything.
Anyway, the teeth have been dealt with..for now.Her mouth and face look so different.
But Im so amazed cos theres no more snot.Her nose is dry.She didnt have heavy breathing...but I did notice she would put her face right up in the air when eating.
Shes not doing this.Her bowl is totally empty...shes skipping about so happily!!
Although her teeth arent aligned so will talk again to the vet when shes finished the course of baytril, but the vet seems to think Lily is a dental bunny,not a snuffles one.She thinks the teeth were having the snotty affect.
I tell you...Im praying this is the case!! :p:p
This was because of her teeth!!

This is the best news I've heard in months. I wish I could run over with a bottle of plonk for you!!
Yes miracles do happen.
Also we may try our best over a computer screen but there is never any substitute for a "hands on assessment, & clinical expertise" of a good vet.
I'm so very glad you've found one at last. With every good wish for the future.
Judy & Thumper.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:wave:

What a lucky little bun Lily is to have found you! ...and what a poor bank balance you must have after all her vet trips!:shock::shock:

You free for a chat?! I have the house ALL to myself! :D:D:D!! No ruddy playstation shooting in the background!!

Hiya Judy.Owe you a pm but babysitting Ruby the parrot so cant be long on here.Hoping you and yor boy are both well.
Lily is going strength to strength....eating well and going back to the vets in a week or so after course of baytril.I want her to be in tip top condition for her jabs which the vet has delayed just to make sure.
The plan is to have Beebees pockets picked so I can bond him with her.
I have let Mrs Bun put on too much weight so shes dieting!!Other than that all are well.will be in touch...just a quickie for now.
with love.y.xxx

Back