• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

playing dead

shelley1977

Warren Scout
Or should that be sleeping.My lovely Lily Bun keeps giving me an awful fright.sometimes when she is sleeping she is all splayed out on her back looking like she is dead! I sit and watch and its very hard to see any movement so i give her a little poke just to make sure.I know she does this and i shouldn't panic but i just cant help it.Does anyone else have buns who do this? My only other bun who does this is Hyzenthlay on of the outdoor rabbits.

Shelley

Our female mini lop does that alot.
Scared my OH the other day,he really did think she was dead.:lol:

I am used to it,but he came running to get me to check.:D

The Dead Bunny Flop is both beautiful and horrible when it catches you unaware.

I have to wake mine up from doing it too unless I've actually seen them do the whole thing. Very sweet, but not good for the owners heart :lol:

Faith doesn't, but Hope likes to do the dead bunny impression which scares the life out of me as she's the smaller and worse-off of the two!

She boxes the cats though so she can't be that bad :lol:

Mr F is an expert in the laying dead category but when I caught our lionhead white belly up I really thought she'd bought it :lol:

Fliss does that. She lies 0n her side but turns her shoulders and head round so that her throat is exposed! She must be pretty chilled out!

the big Lebowski does that. I read it means they're blissed out. Only once he did it in his crate when I was driving back from a weekend at my mums. It was the first long journey we'd done and I was nervous- had to pull over and check he was ok. Jumped up soon as I did. Phew!

Bailey does this... all the time, pebble does it often tooo!
Bailey does it with his head hanging out of the hutch compartment door bless him x

Argh, they've both got it in for me now! Went down there a minute ago to check on them and found Faith sparkoed in the hutch. Lazy lump didn't even jump up when I walked up to the hutch like Hope does - and Hope actually jumped over her when I went up to the hutch! Must have been flat out :lol:

Back