• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sexing my rabbit.

Tinamoo

Young Bun
Hi All,

I bought my rabbit from pets at home. They told me that my rabbit was a boy. However after putting several threads on the behaviour forum here it has been suggested more than once that my rabbits behaviour is more common to girl buns and was I sure.

Today I had the opportunity to pick him up I looked underneath him and have found no evidence that he is a boy. I am unsure however as to whether I was looking low enough. Can I tell by just looking underneath?

Many thanks

Thanks just found that. Not sure I fancy giving it a go. Would a vet do sexing for free or would I need to pay?

You will need to take your bunny to see a vet, not only to get him/her sexed, but also for a check up and vaccinations (against myxomatosis and VHD).

s/he will be due there vaccs soon (myxi and vhd) so the vet will give them a check over and confirm which sex they are then

Back