• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woodlands new range in PAH - response rcvd!

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Anyone seen them yet?

I had to go into PAH today to get my foster bun her food ~(she will not eat A&P), and briefly saw the new Woodlands natural range.

I bought some Mini Alfalfa Bales for my lot to try, but was mortified when I got it home and read the packet which says "...these bales are a highly nutritious treat, and Carrot the rabbit and Thistle the guinea pig love to exercise together...."

They're made for PAH, so I can't believe that this range actually promotes rabbits and piggies co-existing.
It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

I'm writing off to raise the issue - it'd be great if others could do the same to get some changes?

Last edited:
Yes but Carrot the Rabbit and Thistle the Guinea pig aren't actually real they are just pictures on the pack!:lol:

P.s I do get your point.

didnt read that bit i actually love that range and so do all the animals :oops:
Just read the feeding guide on the dandelion roots back and actually find it very good about making sure the water doesnt go stale and been carefull in case of over indulgence etc.

I bought some of this range recently - the bunnies are enjoying Fenugreek Crunchies and their hay tunnel!!

I didn't get chance to read the blurb on anything else so I'd be interested to hear if they have put similar "stories" on other items in the range.

Hello,:wave:

I bought some of these last week and actually pointed this out to my boyfriend at the time, but I thought I was just thinking too much about it. I'm glad someone else has pointed this out, I don't feel so paranoid now!

My boys love the alfalfa bales. THe girls are not over keen though. I did notice the labeling was a bit "confusing"!

I love the range of products but was also a bit :? at what was written on the pack of pellets
'hay and straw isn't just bedding, its an importand part of their diet so thats why we have added it to our food. we suggest you feed extra too'
'rabbits love fruit and veg so treat them once or twice a week'

It would be so much better if they just left these things off as they really shouldn't be eating straw and its ok to give them fruit and veg more than once or twice a week (mine have it daily!?)

The alfalfa hay bales are rock solid and the buns couldn't bite through them, they ended up in the bin! I tried other stuff from the range and the buns wouldn't touch them, yet they looved the naturals range, I have emailed PAH but havn't had a response :?

I bought some alfalfa bales thinking my bunnies would love them but they don't seem that keen :(

Hadn't noticed the packaging though.

Anyone seen them yet?

I had to go into PAH today to get my foster bun her food ~(she will not eat A&P), and briefly saw the new Woodlands natural range.

I bought some Mini Alfalfa Bales for my lot to try, but was mortified when I got it home and read the packet which says "...these bales are a highly nutritious treat, and Carrot the rabbit and Thistle the guinea pig love to exercise together...."

They're made for PAH, so I can't believe that this range actually promotes rabbits and piggies co-existing.
It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

I'm writing off to raise the issue - it'd be great if others could do the same to get some changes?

All my local P@H stores keep piggies and rabbits together anyway

I won't be going back to PAH anytime soon! :? I was in the other day getting bunny supplies and the girl who served me was incredibly rude. So much so I have written a letter of complaint.

In the letter I also added in the fact they had signs up advertising puppies for sale (ones customers are allowed to put up but need to be apprived) selling FOUR WEEK OLD puppies!

Not the first time I've had an issue with their staff. Previously I asked if they sold check chains and got a very rude 'no' and a look of death! I know how to use them correctly thank you very much! Thing is they no longer stock check chains, but still stock slip leads which have exactly the same action! Argggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

And *breathe*

Sorry about the wee rant there :oops:

My friend had massive issues with P@H when they got their guineas. I can't remember all the ins and outs of it but they lied to them and were very rude.

As for the alfalfa bales, mine arn't that keen either. Although I did give them one last night and it seems to have disappeared (you watch I'll go find it shoved in the corner in a minute :lol:)

When recently in a P@H I saw a rabbit for sale looking a bit sorry for itself, my BF (who knew a girl working there) said to her "that rabbit doesn't look too good, is it ok?" her response....."it's just having a lay down" (oh that's ok then?!). I then proceeded to walk away saying rather loudly... "It looks ill to me" but what more can you do than point these things out to the staff?

Response received

Dear Caroline,

Many thanks for your email.

I can appreciate your concerns around the mixing of Rabbits and Guinea Pigs together and Pets at Home certainly don’t advocate this whatsoever. Our care leaflets are there to advise customers and these back up colleague advice when discussing appropriate companions for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. We also do not keep them in store together they are always separated.

I would like to assure you that Pets at Home is a responsible Pet retailer and like yourself we are very passionate about the Pets in our care. All our colleagues undergo initial training within there first 12 weeks and they are only allowed to sell a pet once this training and their probationary period is completed. There is then an additional training book that they are obliged to complete, we also offer external training courses on pet care that all colleagues are able to complete.

The woodlands range is based on a story tale and something that is purely fictional as are stories such as Peter Rabbit and Winnie the Pooh, you certainly wouldn’t expect and animal such as tigger to get along with a piglet and a bear. As you can appreciate it is certainly not our intention to confuse our customers and our colleagues in store are there to advise any customer on their potential purchase, they would not sell a rabbit and a guinea pig together under any circumstances.

I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and congratulate you on the great work that you do.

Kind Regards,

Kate Jones

Customer and Culture Manager

Pets at Home Ltd

If people know for a fact that their PAH store is keeping rabbits and pigs together I'd be interested to hear so I can add this on to my response.

I think she has missed my point that lots of new owners are naive and ill informed when they take on a new pet, and if a product made for PAH states that it's ok for a rabbit and pig to play together then some people will take this at face value.

Last edited:
Dear Caroline,

Many thanks for your email.

I can appreciate your concerns around the mixing of Rabbits and Guinea Pigs together and Pets at Home certainly don’t advocate this whatsoever. Our care leaflets are there to advise customers and these back up colleague advice when discussing appropriate companions for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. We also do not keep them in store together they are always separated.

I would like to assure you that Pets at Home is a responsible Pet retailer and like yourself we are very passionate about the Pets in our care. All our colleagues undergo initial training within there first 12 weeks and they are only allowed to sell a pet once this training and their probationary period is completed. There is then an additional training book that they are obliged to complete, we also offer external training courses on pet care that all colleagues are able to complete.

The woodlands range is based on a story tale and something that is purely fictional as are stories such as Peter Rabbit and Winnie the Pooh, you certainly wouldn’t expect and animal such as tigger to get along with a piglet and a bear. As you can appreciate it is certainly not our intention to confuse our customers and our colleagues in store are there to advise any customer on their potential purchase, they would not sell a rabbit and a guinea pig together under any circumstances.

I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and congratulate you on the great work that you do.

Kind Regards,

Kate Jones

Customer and Culture Manager

Pets at Home Ltd

If people know for a fact that their PAH store is keeping rabbits and pigs together I'd be interested to hear so I can add this on to my response.

I think she has missed my point that lots of new owners are naive and ill informed when they take on a new pet, and if a product made for PAH states that it's ok for a rabbit and pig to play together then some people will take this at face value.

Last time I went in they defo had the two together.
Can't remember which one it was though, because one I think has recently seperated them

Back