• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing from outdoor to indoor buns?

GBNI

Warren Scout
OH has agreed when we move in together next year that the boys can become indoor buns! :D I'm soooo excited I've always wanted indoor bunnies!

Is it difficult for them to make the transition? What about bunny proofing the house and getting indoor accomodation?

I've just moved Binks from outdoor to indoor and didn't really do a lot for him to make the transition. I think houseproofing depends on the bun's temperment. Binks doesn't chew or dig but if the boys do then you can get cable tidy to bun-proof any loose cables and things like that, and keep anything you want protected up high and out of the way. it's also worth beginning litter training when they're outdoors because carpets can v quickly become totally ruined :D
The only other thing i did with Binks was he has a massive cage as base to hide away in and when he's in a big space he has a few little houses to go hide away in around the room in case something spooks him.:)

xx

:wave: I guess all buns are different, but mine had a big taste for wallpaper. I could never get them to stop ripping it off, so now I'm in the process of redecorating the lounge - with paint :lol:

I bought some cable tidy kits from my local pound shop to put around wires and made sure that the doors to any rooms I didn't want them to go in either shut properly or put a sliding bolt on them.

Mine are now outside 24/7, but I loved it when they were indoor buns. There's nothing better than seeing them sprawled out on the floor "chillin'", or when they hop up onto the sofa to say hello! :love:

Oo I saw something once about buns chewing off wallpaper - if they really won't stop doing it and you're not obsessed with having a perfect looking house you can put this plastic skirting along the bottom of the wall above the skirting board. It doesn't look too great but it is see-through and it does stop the buns from ripping the paper off. :) But then paint is probably the way forward :D
x

Also beware of any corners. My room has a corner where the bathroom is and Mischa used to love chewing it :roll: not sure if it was some sort of deficiency or something but he's stopped now, thank goodness.

Back