• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zola is very poorly./UD been readmitted this morning/ We lost her

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have 2 bunnies in for emergency dentals today.

Zola, who has real problems with anaesthetics as they have caused her to have breathing difficulties in the past. But her mouth is a real mess again and we could not leave it any longer :(

And Summer. She is 8 and a half years old and has never had a days illness. But yesterday she stopped eating and we discovered that spurs were growing into her tongue :( Can't believe she showed no symptoms up until last night. I have had Summer since she was 6 weeks old, when we rescued her and her Mum from a children's zoo, in terrible conditions. Moses is looking a little lost without her.

So vibes would really be appreciated, thank you

Last edited:
Thank you, they are both OK, so thats a relief :)

They are staying in over night as I am just too exhausted to collect them, but i feel really guilty :(

So pleased to hear that both are doing well. Don't feel guilty about leaving them there, they will be well looked after and i'm sure you could do with the rest. Take care, love to you, steve and all the buns x x

only just seen this, so glad they are both ok :)

Zola's teeth were in a really bad way. They must be growing so quickly as she only had a really thorough dental a few months ago and her incisors were burred last month and molars checked and they were fine then :(

The lump in her jaw is slowly growing, but because it is calicified the vet feels that antibiotics aren't going to be that helpful any more.

She is such a little madam:lol: but I really love her. She is constantly lunging and growling every time you walk past but pick her up and she melts in your arms :love:

Zola's teeth were in a really bad way. They must be growing so quickly as she only had a really thorough dental a few months ago and her incisors were burred last month and molars checked and they were fine then :(

The lump in her jaw is slowly growing, but because it is calicified the vet feels that antibiotics aren't going to be that helpful any more.

She is such a little madam:lol: but I really love her. She is constantly lunging and growling every time you walk past but pick her up and she melts in your arms :love:

awww poor girl :cry:

i know she is a fiesty little madam sometimes but you gotta love her for it :) infact i think the fiestyness is what keeps her going.

Big Frenchie vibes to the buns! Hope the dentals have helped and that lump stays the size it is!!

Just spoken to the vet this morning.

Zola is doing really well and we are definately trying her off the antibiotics as there apprears to be no active infection at the moment :)

Summer hasn't pood in the night so has had fluids and metaclop this morning, but she is nibbling food so hopefully it is just a matter of time. Her mouth must be very sore.

Will be going to collect them later this morning when all buns are sorted here as Steve is travelling to Addenbrookes this morning

Zola isn't eating this afternoon :( She is just sat in her litter tray, no lunging or growling :?.

I hope it is just a blip and nothing serious :(

Back