• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which house

Marko

New Kit
Hi

I have just got my daughter a 8 week old buck mini lop.Which was going to be kept indoors.But after a change of plan i have converted my 8ft by 6ft shed and got a run .Question is this plan on getting a friend for him do i keep him in the cage till he has been neutered then introduce them to shed at the same time.I was going to get a doe for a friend from same breeder .How does that sound i am very new to this.:?

Some vets will neuter a male at 12 weeks, mine wouldn't until 16 weeks, then you have at least 6 weeks to wait before you can concider him infertile. Most vets will not spay a female until 20 weeks and then of course she needs some recovery time and extra for the hormones to die down. So you see if you get a male and a female of a similar age at a similar time you will be needing separate accomodation for quite some time. My suggestion would be to enjoy your new little one in whichever accomodation suits best, the shed sounds lovely, have him neutered etc then look for a female in rescue who has already been neutered and had time to recover, she will also have had vaccs and her temperement will be known, then have them bonded at the rescue, (most will help with this). While they are away you can "neurtralise" the smells in the shed with the use of vinegar and rearrange it so its not so familiar - new toys etc.

Back