• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some Vibes for Cloud please :) UD post 10, Liver.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of days ago the water consumption of Cloud and his two bondmates (The Dopeys) went up considerably, but I couldn't work out who or why.

This morning Cloud appear to bein a bit of urine mess, so it's safe to presume it was him. Plus he has been more aggressive than normal this past week, which could tie in, and today he looks like he has lost weight.

Cloud's mum exhibited similar symptoms at around the same age (he is just over three) and she died not long after. Guaranteed my knowledge of buns was less, but I was seeing awful vets who knew even less about buns than I did (and I knew very little).

I'm scared for my little man. He's a vicious, nasty brute but he's MY vicious, nasty brute.

He has a vets appointment tonight. I'm guessing first of all we will go with antibios to try and rule out a UTI (I've dealt with a few of them and not seen anyone exhibit symptoms like this), and then I guess bloods.

I don't even have a car to take him myself because my exhaust half fell off yesterday whilst at the vets, and that's being fixed, so I'm having to rely on my mum, which I super hate doing.

Please send vibes this is just a UTI and not something like renal issues.

Last edited:
Thank you :)

I Panacur regularly for parasites (we had a pinworm problem here a few years ago so ended up in the habit), but if this is active EC then Panacur will be of minimal help because it can't penetrate the blood-brain barrier. However, I would do it because I'm going to lose absolutely nothing by doing it and keep him on it indefinitely if I found any benefit at all, esapecially as its not stressful for him to take it, as long as its on something yummy.

Boofa (his mum) never exhibits any symptoms of active EC though, just of kidney/bladder issues, and she didn't seem to waste away either.

:) Thanks.

Here's my boy with his two Dopey girlfriends. He's the one lying across the front.

20090124_112-1.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately it's not wonderful.

Cloud has an enlarged liver. I've never experienced liver problems in a bun before but obviously know its not good.

He is book in to have bloods done to see what the rest of his organs are doing and how badly the liver is doing.

He has gone from 1.7kg to 1.6kg, from the end of July, to today.

His tummy feels fine, his bladder feels fine, no discomfort anywhere-although he does have a sub clinical respiratory issue that was 'diagnosed' in July, but that may be related apparently.

What can you do for a bun with an enlarged liver? I'm guessing really its only a matter of time? and life quality? As opposed to beating the problem.

Back