• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

QUESTIONAIRE.....Please help...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
I am going to make some homemade bunny treats to sell on here.. (all money goes to a rescue)

I would like as many people as possible to answer these few questions, so i can make the most yummy treats for our bunnies....

Thanks

1) List a few of your bunnies favourite treats?
2) How often do you give treats to your bunnies?
3) What fruit, veg and herbs are you bunnies favourites?

nose twitches

My kids like mint
I make up treat boxes for mine old cardboard boxes with treats inside
also wrap straw around dates and stuff in to toilet roll:p

also wooden spoons

venice

Mine LOVE all the herbs dill, parsley and mint especially. Except Duncan. He isn't very adventurous with his food. he sticks to what he knows!

Carrots of course and spring greens. They especially like the greenery on carrots. They go mad for it.

My lot get a bunch of greens per day of various items that I can get cheaply i.e in the bargain bins.

My lot don't really go for fresh fruit but they like dried banana, dried pineapple and papaya and raisins. The natural stuff as some are coated in sugar.

Last edited:
Mine like alfalfa hay as a treat, rasins and banana.
They have alfalfa hand fed everyday, so I can check if they are eating, rasins and banana maybe every other week.
Other then rasins and banana they dont have fruit. They love spring greens the best, and I have to fight to get them to eat herbs.

my all love herbs (i grow mint, parsley and thyme but they eat others too), kale and spring greens. They do also eat carrots, apple and to be honest almost anything I offer however I tend not to feed them anything except green stuff (ie spring greens, kale etc) otherwise one bun gets an upset tummy.

tina likes tomato carrot and apple she has just had a strawberry leaf as a treat

as for when she gets treats vege every day the rest once a week or so

Looks like mine isn't the only one that likes fenugreek treats (looking at one of the other threads).
A friend bought some rabbit chocolate drops. I'm sure they aren't great for him but he loves them.
He loves dried herbs and leaves like hazel, birch, field maple. I dry my own ( a bit of a faff but trying to save cash!) which gives him a bit of something different in the winter. Oh and I've dried parsnip peelings in the oven as it cools down after cooking sunday lunch!
He gets lots of treats everyday. Probably more than he should. But we have loads of different stuff so he doesn't get much of the same thing on any one day.

Apple flavoured crunchie biscuit treats
Ferungreek Crunchies
Banana chips

Once or twice a day

Carrot, apple, banana and watercress

Ferungreek Crunchies
Cloverleaf cookies
The big leaves out of the dried herb mix from burns -don't know what they are :oops:

Once or twice a day

I've not found a fruit or herb that he loves, but he ADORES curley kale!:roll:

Fenugreek crunchies, Locust Beans, Treat ums(apple only), Vitakraft wild berry drops, Excel dried apple pieces.
At Most once a week.
No fruit. Spring greens, Brussel sprouts, Baby corn, Sugar-snap peas, Curly Kale(not often since it gives alot of gas). Herbs- Mint, Basil and Dill.

Last edited:

1) Sweetcorn cobs,fennel sticks,plantain
2) 3 times a week approx
3) Carrot,cabbage,apple,banana and parsley

Back