• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnys similar to lions?

danster

New Kit
anyone else think bunnys resemble small lions. the shape of their head & the fur around it makes me think of lion king.

i wonder if theres a similar gene in their genetic make up.

in fact i would go as far as to say they move in similar way to.

also they both malt in the same seasons.

coincidence,i think not.

one would simply must agree theres far too many similarities.

il leave u with this,

researchers asked half a group of small children to draw a rabbit & the other half to draw a small lion.

when they questioned adults on what group of drawings was which they couldnt tell them apart..

food for thought

Can't say my rabbits move in a similar way to lions.... :? :lol:

My current foster bunny has a lovely mane, though, he reminds me of a horse.

Oh aye

027c5fe6.jpg

Grimlock has a huge nose and paws and I've often compared him to a lion. But other rabbits, not so much. Rabbits that are more like their wild cousins are a lot leaner and sleeker and don't remind me of lions at all.

maybe phsically they look the same, but genetically, WAY off the ball! If you were comparing a rabbit to any other animal, it would be a horse - their teeth and their stomachs! Very similar problems both these species seem to encounter.

They're definitely not related genetically at all (except probably wayyyyy back to the first mammals XD) but I sometimes think Ruby looks like a lion. She has a big nose...
Pipkin definitely doesn't, though.

Maybe Lionhead rabbits look a little like lions, but the clue there is in the name... They were bred TO look like they had manes similar to male lions~! Definitely don't think I've ever seen a lion moved like any of my bunnies, though the image of a big male lion doing a binky is making me giggle to myself. :)

Lionhead rabbits often look like lions because... they are lionheads :lol:

I would say that mine remind me of little bears much more than lions - not in the way they act of course, just in the way they stand sometimes on their hind legs :D

Hmmm.An interesting thread..Mrs B is a lionhead X.....she does look like a lion,and she used to growl before I got her speyed.
As for bears,I always thought my ferrets looked like bears.and when they walk,their flanks shudder,just like bears..............:oops::oops:

oh noooooooo, how did i miss this!!!

'danster' is my bf!!!

because i always talk about rabbits and how they work etc he winds me up by comparing them to other animals to annoy me! started off as a joke when a vet was trying to convince me how much rabbits are similar to cats!!! :shock:

anyway, i'm well embarrassed! :oops:

(this may be his payback for testing him on rabbit info all the time!) :lol:

dan, how dare you join the forum!!! this is my thing!!!

love you though! :love: xxx

Back