• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is the right time

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
To get another bunny Or isnt there one? When ive lost a bunny before its only ever been one,When i lost Claude i felt like i didnt want another rabbit but Miffy was so sad that within 2 weeks i got Vinnie,After loosing them both together i now have no rabbits in the house and its so sad:( I thought about moving one of the pairs outside in,but they love it outside when they have been brought in if they were poorly they didnt seem to settle

There is no right or wrong time. I truly believe the bunnies pick us, a pair will choose you and it will feel right. xx

I agree, you know when the time is right. My head always thought it was like replacing my bun, but my heart said its just like gaining another friend :)

only you can know the answer to that Marie
I think you will spot a bunny or two that pulls at your heartstrings..and the decision will be made

when i lost my lollybe last december, i really thought "never again". but by february i had adopted barnsley, i just knew he was the one for me. maybe it's a bit like human love, when your not looking for it BANG!!! it hits you between the eyes!

when it's right, you'll know

em

I really want to get some more buns but i dont want people to think ive forgotton about Miffy and Vinnie because i havent:(

I loved them so much,I miss them so much:(,but i feel i can offer a good home to two more rescue bunnies i think thats a good thing,And will help me feel happier

There seems to be an element too when fate, or your previous buns (or whatever you believe in) realise that your heart is open for some more and these buns will be sent your way-sometimes in the strangest circumstances.

The heart is not a limited thing, so if you got two your buns it would expand to love those buns as well as you still loving all the other buns you've ever had.

They won't be a replacement, and we all know that, but new buns can be new friends. Sometimes, for some people, it can be like the silver lining in a really horrific situation-in that something awful happened, but the silver lining part is giving two more buns such a loving home (although I appreciate not everyone may see it like that and I know I never could in the midst of grief, but sometimes that can help some people).

If you feel they are right for you then trust yourself and it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks-only you know how you feel.

a pupil was telling me about her arranged marriage -her dad had said something that seemed to be very true to her... he had said "why delay moments of happiness?"

i think about this sometimes. life is uncertain. happiness is a great gift. why delay?

very best wishes for moments of happiness.

Back