• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire or Derbyshire

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I can't find nice quality hay at any of my usual suppliers at the moment.

I asked the same question the last time I had hay problems and a few lovely members PM'd me details of their suppliers...but I've deleted all those PM's...Gah!

So...any suggestions where I can get nice hay in the Notts/Leics/Derbys area would be hugely appreciated :D

Ta in advance

Isn't the dustfreehay company in Derbyshire or am I going mad. I had a delivery the other day and Frankie and Akasma loved it.

The dust free is great but very expensive..be careful as what they call a bale..isn't your usual farm size bale..more like a large bag from PAH

I got 2 bales last friday from martins and the buns love it it's really long and storky

The dust free is great but very expensive..be careful as what they call a bale..isn't your usual farm size bale..more like a large bag from PAH

DFH in a normal bag/sack weighs approximately 2.5kg and fills a large black dustbin when shook out. Their large bales weigh 18 kilos and are the equivalent of 7-8 of the smaller bales. You can collect direct from norman if you give him a call, or you can also order via ourselves fornext day delivery as we sell DFH produced by Lunnuns (the DFH company) in their pet shop packaging.

I just got a bale of hay from a farm near where I work (near Ilkeston). My buns seem to love it even though it was £2.75 for a bale. They actually go for that first rather than the Excel hays they get :shock: Whereabouts is Martins though?

Back