• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed insulation

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Has everyone insulated their bunny sheds and if so what did you use?
I have hardboard all round the edge that has about a 2in gap behind it so i could slid some stuff behind if needed.
The buns were in hutches last winter and i covered them with duvets and tarpaulin but its a bit different with huge 6x8 sheds don't think i will get a duvet big enough :lol:

I'm in the middle of doing mine. I have the bubblewrap insulation from screwfix which is silver coated. It is called loft insulation then I have put hardboard over the top. Just need to get some more hardboard to finish it off.

I'm in the middle of doing mine. I have the bubblewrap insulation from screwfix which is silver coated. It is called loft insulation then I have put hardboard over the top. Just need to get some more hardboard to finish it off.

I'd be so tempted to just to sit and pop all the bubbles :oops::lol:

Are you doing anything on the ceiling?

I used polystyrene sheets from B&Q - £11.99 for 8 large sheets, then covered it with plywood. I think I used two and a half packs to do my 8x6 shed. And I did the other shed with regular bubble wrap - I used one of those huge rolls that you can buy for insulating a greenhouse and it was very cheap. I doubled it all up and then covered it with plywood.

I used the polystyrene sheets for the ceiling in both sheds - it's just wedged in and holds itself up nicely!

Are you doing anything on the ceiling?

Yeah I just put the loft insulation on the ceiling but without the hardboard as they shouldn't be able to chew it there I hope. My brother has some spare double glazing from his extension and has offered to put that in one of my windows too :)

We used the silver backed bubble wrap, then 2" Polysterene, then on the top just thin hardboard sheets :) On the floor we have loft boards then thick lino. n the roof we have just polysterene and then hardboard :) Round all the edges of the lino we have 1" wood batons to stop them digging the lino up :) xxx

Back