• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nibbles is really poorly :( - U/DShe's home!!

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
When we got them up this morning she was sat hunched at the back of her hutch. She really didn't look very well. Martyn took her inside and tried some one-on-one feeding and she still wouldn't have any, but she was hopping about. When he did manage to get her to eat, he heard her teeth grinding together. Nibbles has always had a squeak when she eats, but there's nothing wrong with her teeth.
He eventually rang the vet and got her in to see Michelle (the amazing bunny vet) and she gave Nibbles a proper check over. She took her temp, weighed her (she's gone from 1.1kg up to 1.34 :D) and just gave her a proper check over like she did when we took her in abut her weightloss. Michelle couldn't find what was wrong with her, but noticed that she really didn't look very well, and Nibbles was still slightly grinding her teeth. Michelle said it would be best if we left Nibbles there and she would put her under anesthetic and check out her teeth properly, and do blood tests, because when we took her in about her weightloss the other month, Michelle said it could be liver problems :(

So, he left Nibbles there all afternoon, and he rang them up at 4 to see if she could come home. They couldn't find anything wrong with her teeth, but they want to keep her in overnight to moniter her.
Fingers crossed she comes home tomorrow.

Last edited:
oh no! poor nibbles and poor you!
she's in the best place though and sounds like she's getting the best care. I hope they can figure out what it is and get her feeling better agin!
sending hugs
Lisa and the buns xx

Oh poor Nibbles :( My Sweetpea is at the vets overnight as well, it's horrible not having her here :(

Hope you can collect her tomorrow x

My girly came home bright as the sun this afternoon :) I was sooooo glad to have her home.
When we rang this morning they said she was still poorly, wasn't eating by herslf but was doing soft poo. I started to fear the worst and think it was her liver or kidneys packing in.

Anyway, we rang back at 4 and they said she was ready to come home. The vet nurse that was discharging her said they did actually find some small spurs on her teeth. Fingers crossed they were the problem and she's sorted now. I'm so glad to have my little bunnycat home :love:

oh bekkie sorry i have only just read this.Please she is home and i hope that it gets all sorted mate :}.
lol bunnycat x

Back