• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why are some people so insensitive grr!

The guy where i work is a :censored:, He saw me come in yesterday in tears, and asked what was wrong i explained, that my Shauny was poorly.... he then went onto say thats why i skin them and eat them:shock:. Was so upset didnt say anything.

He saw me again today and asked how Shauny was, i told him he has a respiratory infection, he then offered to come round and wring Shaunys neck, and skin him for me:censored:. Thought i was going to be sick, but again i didnt say anything.

Its gonna come to a point where i take a swing for him. My o/h says its just what hes like, but i cant understand how anybody could be a total :censored: towards other peoples feelings. Sorry for the rant:oops:

I know exactly how you feel and it makes me :censored::censored::censored:

When I told a "friend" about Roxy, he said..."32p....shortcrust pastry" I was so upset about Roxy being hurt, and being ill.....and he was still going on about it's cheaper to get some pastry.

They jsut don't understand our love for our rabbits....I now ignore this friend and walk away

I know exactly how you feel and it makes me :censored::censored::censored:

When I told a "friend" about Roxy, he said..."32p....shortcrust pastry" I was so upset about Roxy being hurt, and being ill.....and he was still going on about it's cheaper to get some pastry.

They jsut don't understand our love for our rabbits....I now ignore this friend and walk away

Why do people think thats funny:roll:.
Its just so hurtful, esp when im stood there in tears, cant even comprehend how someone would/could be so insensitive

Nasty! i know its upsetting, but if you can think of a good put down for this loser then I'd use it!

Really annoys me! My Dad isn't great with animals but he loves the buns it goes to show they can melt anyones heart!

People like this fool do my head in! Love to skin them! :lol:

Awwh hun :( *hugs* How insensitive of him. I dont understand why men always make such horrid 'jokes', i get it all the time from 'friends' too :( Unfortunately some people dont feel towards animals the way we do :(

xxxx

I get jokes all the time too, especially because I help at the rescue.
I've heard em all now though so they don't bother me as much now.
If we're out fundraising, and someone makes a joke about eating rabbits, we just fake laugh and tell them to put money in the swear jar ;)

he always goes on about him shooting rabbits in the fields and takin them home to eat, strange though only when he found out that my rabbits were my babies:evil:. Now its all he ever talks to me about:censored:

He told me once that one of the rabbits he had murdered still had a bit of pellet in it and he almost choked, wont say what was running through my head.....

Someone at work once said something similar to me - I get it all the time. But on this particular occasion, I turned to face him, drew myself up to my full height of five foot and a dog-end, gave him a hard stare and told him in no uncertain terms exactly what I thought of him and how making such a comment was completely insensitive to the feelings of others. I told him never to speak to me again if he couldn't say anything nice! He's never made such a nasty comment since and has actually been as nice as pie. Might be worth a shot with the insensitive git at your work?

I know the feeling too.
I got the same :censored:when Fudge died:cry::cry:
I was so upset.It was two of the guys at work that just wouldn,t shut up:evil:
Guess which two i made redundant when i had to finish two:wave::wave:

Say to him, 'as Thumper from Bambi clearly stated, if you don't have anything nice to say you shouldn't say it at all'

I think that's what he says anyway, haven't seen it in a long time :lol:

What a fab thread!! Currently,I am seething.My baby Lily has snuffles..rather poorly.
An "aquaintance" of mine said she would be happy to come to the vets with me for support,,while I have Lily PTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**seethe,seethe,:censored::censored::censored::evil:nasty horrid:censored::censored:!!!

I think there are lots of people who will make jokes when they know you have rabbits, but to make comments like that when you are obviously upset is just horrid :( :(

OMG Yvette..that is awful!

Becca...I hope you took great joy in making them redundant! Obviously it was a business decision, and nothing to do with their little brains!

Grrrr!:evil:

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I just dont understand why people are so insensitive about buns. I bet they wouldnt say these things if it was a dog that was poorly so why a bun?:censored:

It is horrible, I have people say it all the time to me too. Once I skipped work because Grimlock got a MAJOR abscess/infection in his eye overnight and I had to rush him to the vets. They just didn't think it was a valid excuse and I got made fun of for months afterwards.

My comeback... you wouldn't want to eat him he's full of disease. Or he's old and his meat would be tough... etc, etc. They never know what to say. ;)

To be honest in the 13 years I've kept rabbits I've become so used to people saying things like that. It really used to hurt me at first but somehow I've learned to not let it get to me. They actually don't understand they're hurting you because they can't understand how you love your pet. And I've found it's absolutely no use arguing.

I used to say to my boss that I love Grimlock like he was my child but apparently that's not possible according to him. :censored:

Oh I get it all the time as well I think I have heard them all now. 'Rabbit Stew' being the most popular. So funny ha ha.......NOT! :evil:

i show my tutor group (14-15 years old, inner city) rabbit vids at registration, (hidden agenda - humanise them). comment? " they're good with gravy, miss!"

but its worth going on, and colleagues know who to come to when their pets die and "no-one else understands"...

and a lot of those people who make nasty remarks, i suspect they don't have as loving a relationship with anyone, human or animal, as people here do with their pets. they're just sad, half-human creatures.

When my rabbit Daisy-May was very ill we told my boyfriends mother she then went onto say, "why don't you just kill and cook it" and also "with the amount you have spent on vets bills you could buy a new rabbit". (unfortunalty Daisy passed away the next day)

Yes that sums her up really she's not the caring type, when she said that I just said to her thats a really nice thing to say (in an angry way).

I still don't think my boyfriends mum actually knows that Daisy-May passed away back in August.... she hasn't asked and we haven't told her, she obvisouly never gave a :censored from the start and I don't really want her so called sympathy anyway! But I will remember her comments when she is ill again...

freind of mine is now converted hes a big meat eater would pretty much eat anything even rabbits hes not the insenstive type though and wouldnt make comments like that if my any of my buns was poorly

though i will say his family went to a resturant his brother ate rabbit when i asked why didnt you choose rabbit he said "all i have in my head is all the cute bunnie piccies you sent me and the ones ive seen run round your living room "so on a plus side i still get the odd joke but he wont eat one again :D

Back