• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yahoo answers.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I just ended up going on an answering spree on Yahoo answers because there are so many questions on there about rabbits and the ignorance made me sick. :shock:

Can I direct them to this forum?

I really think there need to be laws introduced on owning rabbits. I do not agree with pet shops selling them at all. Like one girl posted that her and her two sisters had a rabbit each and they were told they were all boys. They had them housed together and they'd started humping. It's very likely the pet shop got the sexes wrong so no doubt they're pregnant, but even if they did and it's just dominance those boys are going to fight as soon as they grow up. Dammit.

At the very least pet shops should only be allowed to sell neutered and spayed rabbits. It would solve so many problems. And I bet Pets At Home would actually save money from the amount of times people have got them to pay vet bills due to ill and mis-sexed buns. :?

Just makes me angry that people can get a pet and not learn anything about it. Sorry for the rant.

Totally agree with you but sadly, I don't think things are ever likely to change. People still see rabbits as cheap and disposable pets for children. By all means tell them about this site - if we can just change one person's ideas about the right way to keep rabbits, then that can only be a good thing.

It really makes me angry. And most of the time pet shop owners don't know a thing about the pets they're selling and give false information.

yeh i had to stop going on there as i seemed to use every day going through and posteing advice about both rabbits and hamsters.

Back