• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching aviary panels to a shed

Im not sure but ill ask oh when he gets in. Im sure he used those massive screw and bolt things (can you tell im not in to DIY). He knows what im like worring about foxes so makes everything strong first time round so he doesnt have to go back to it :lol:.

If it's going to be permanently attached just use a good long wood screw, but drill a hole through the aviary panel first so that it doesn't split when the screw goes through.

If you want to be able to move the panels away from the shed then I'd use a bolt and wing nut.

If it's going to be permanently attached just use a good long wood screw, but drill a hole through the aviary panel first so that it doesn't split when the screw goes through.

This is what we did nice big 3 inch screws one at the top and one at the bottom :D

PICT0700.jpg

PICT0701.jpg

PICT0702.jpg

PICT0703.jpg

As you can see we cut out part of the sheds fascia panel so the aviary panels sat flat against the shed and we actually used 6 screws each side not just 2!

Thanks
Ive got to attach mine a different way though at the side of the shed So not sure what i will do about water running off the roof imto the run

OH said he coach bolted mine on. No sense to me but hey. I would use guttering as the run would get flooded during heavy rain.

Back