• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Experts - delivery -?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
HOw long does it usually take?

Just treat the buns and Im fed up of carrying the pellets and hay home!

Mine take 3-4 days, it depends on the day I order it (weekend etc)

BTW has anyone had large amounts of hay delivered by Hay Experts before? :shock: How do they deliver it, is it bagged or do they just offload a bale of outside your front door? :lol::oops: Been thinking heavily about doing that recently but a bit unsure how it will arrive...

Mine take 3-4 days, it depends on the day I order it (weekend etc)

BTW has anyone had large amounts of hay delivered by Hay Experts before? :shock: How do they deliver it, is it bagged or do they just offload a bale of outside your front door? :lol::oops: Been thinking heavily about doing that recently but a bit unsure how it will arrive...

Not sure what you mean by a bale? Not sure Lisa has any bales? :? Hay comes in a bag, or the really big Oxbow hay sizes come in a box I think as she has bagged me some from a large box before. I woud email Lisa at the hayexperts and ask her ;)

The large amounts come in a really big plastic bag, inside a really big cardboard box. Just like the smaller orders, but bigger :lol:

You can put a message in the comments box when you order on line saying that if there is nobody in to sign for it when it arrives, please leave it wherever (I think they're not allowed to leave it without a signature unless you specify anyway). This message appears on the box for the courier to see.

I've had HUGE loads delivered and depending on the day you order it seems to take 2 or 3 days :thumb: Sometimes it has taken longer, but that's cos the courier couldn't find the house :roll:, and Lisa has been brilliant at chasing it up and keeping me informed.

Yeah I’ve bought the smaller bags before (the Oxbow etc ones up to £10) but I keep seeing the large amounts of hay for sale like
this - and having zero ability to imagine volume from the weight listed, I wondered just how much hay would arrive on my doorstep if I ordered it and how it would arrive - I have visions of a tractor offloading it all outside my front door :lol::lol::lol: Glad to hear they arrive in super huge bags and boxes though :D

Ive bought this before: http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/TIMXL It lasts much longer than the bags, especially with me having 8 buns eating it :oops: I dont think its a bad price either :) It literally comes in the box as it is in the picture, but the box is really really compressed. The smell is wonderful when you open the box :love: :oops: xxxx

Back