• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here's the rats

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Not fab pics because i didn't want to startle them.

Lydia

153_4483.jpg

Lizzy (Slightly lighter than Lydia)

153_4489.jpg

Kitty

153_4493.jpg

153_4494.jpg

I really, really love Kitty :oops: Everytime i open the cage she runs straight out. Shes starting to become my shadow :lol:

No, the bottom section has a tray. I did newspaper the wire levels but they removed the newspaper :roll::lol: I was thinking maybe putting some vinyl or boarding on the wire?

I would definitely put something over the wire. I wouldn't want mine walking on so much.

They're lovely btw :)

No, the bottom section has a tray. I did newspaper the wire levels but they removed the newspaper :roll::lol: I was thinking maybe putting some vinyl or boarding on the wire?

Fleece or carpet, held down with cable ties works a treat, carpet is much easier to keep clean, though...It just needs replaced every few months :)
It's easy enough to get the carpet from carpet shops though, like the out of date stock thingies, the samples...A place near me sells them 3 for £1, I'm sure most places would help you out though ;)
I wasn't saying it to be like a personal attack or anything, it's just that I saw a poor rat with bumblefoot today and it was awful :(

Fleece or carpet, held down with cable ties works a treat, carpet is much easier to keep clean, though...It just needs replaced every few months :)
It's easy enough to get the carpet from carpet shops though, like the out of date stock thingies, the samples...A place near me sells them 3 for £1, I'm sure most places would help you out though ;)
I wasn't saying it to be like a personal attack or anything, it's just that I saw a poor rat with bumblefoot today and it was awful :(

They have a piece of carpet on the very top level, and we have a roll of carpet in the attic, so it's easy enough to carpet it tomorrow. I never like animals on wire floors, not even the chinchilla, i always make sure hes got plenty of covered places to sit and sleep.

wire flooring does not cause bumble foot, its a common misconception, bumble foot is cause by genetics in that the rat walks more flat footed also larger rats are affected more, which makes them suceptible to sores and then infection sets in causing bumble foot....i have two wire shelves in in my rats cage i usually have a bit of vet bed on them but they chuck that off.

Lino's your best bet as you can wipe it clean easily,i've used the cheap ones from b and q think there about a fiver and have adesive on the bottom but you couldn't take the shelves for a scrub in the bath as the sticky ness would go! so cleaning would be an issue and its thought wee puddled on solid floors can also cause problems!

either way its personal choice as to cover shelves or not really but it does not cause bumble foot ;)

Back