• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit run without a roof

I've just bought a rabbit run but it has no roof. It's about 30" high. Could my rabbit jump out of it. I don't know the breed of our rabbit as we got him from a pet shop. Trying to work this out at the moment. He's definitely not a small bunny even though he's still a baby. He has long ears. Do I need to get a cover for the run?

Equally your rabbit could jump out or a predator can get in.

If you are leaving rabbits unattended it is essential to keep them in a run with a secure lid.

My littleones can jump about 4' so would easily clear that, also its not just about them getting out but other predators like foxes being able to get it which they could easily do also so i would definately get a roof.

have ordered a proper rabbit run from ebay in response to your replies. Thanks. What I have is a rabbit playpen at the moment, so will only use this when I'm in the garden with Tarka!

Back