• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might stop using megazorb

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I know its really good,But its so dusty:? I ran out on sun so since then ive been using newspaper straw and hay in the litter trays,So far so good and not so much rubbish either:)

I never use anything but newspaper in the bottom and then hay cos my buns love to eat and poo at the same time!

where do u get all your news papers from ? as we use megazorb and are finding it really dusty at times too but the amount of litter trays i have it would need a tray a week x :oops:

I stopped using Megazorb in Louie's tray when I caught him eating it, after his bloating I didn't want to chance it.

I now use newspaper and hay and it's fine though it does need changing more frequently.

I never use anything but newspaper in the bottom and then hay cos my buns love to eat and poo at the same time!

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Ours are exactly the same! Nothing like a good poo & munch on hay at the same time :lol::lol::lol:

I can't use paper, Mischa shreds it to bits. I can't use shredded paper as our shredder doesn't really shred small enough and Mischa still shreds it and then takes delight in turfing it out. So at the moment we are trying Megazorb and hay.

We used to use Megazorb back when we still had rats too, then moved on to ecopetbed, which is chopped cardboard and I find that it's much better for indoor use. Since we used up our last bale money has been pretty tight so we decided to use shredded newspaper for the time being, it's working out OK but I think we will get some more ecopetbed fairly soon as it's better for reducing any smells.

I go on the night of the recycling collection and take a pile of my neighbours newspapers from their boxes, so I always have newspapers. I prefer paper/hay in my litter trays to megazorb.

Back