• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My complaint response...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
A few months ago i complained about a attraction i visited in August which had a childrens petting farm there, i noticed non of the bunnies had any hay nor water bottles some had water bottles on but they where empty. When i got home i emailed and complained, i have just recieved a reply...

What you think? Should i reply again?

Thank you for your feedback which you submitted via the Land’s End website and sorry for the delay in replying. Please see the response below from one of the supervisors at Greeb Farm:

We take animal welfare very seriously and there is no excuse for animals not having any water. I am very surprised to hear from you that most of the rabbits had no water, all I can think is that the bottles must have been temporarily removed for re-filling. It is possible that while doing so a member of staff got side-tracked, but I can assure you that this would not have been for very long had this been the case.

As you rightly point out, hay is an essential part of a rabbit’s diet as they are herbivores. Hay is given to all our rabbits and guinea pigs as part of a daily routine, every day the old hay is removed with any soiled corners, and fresh clean hay is put back in. It sounds to me that this job was in the process of being completed , but as we are open to the public our cleaning procedures have to take place around the public, so sometimes we can get asked question and these tasks can take longer than normal. I can assure you that no animal suffers and that all jobs do get completed every day. Finally I would just like to say that we welcome all feedback from visitors and appreciate your concern, we work closely with the local veterinary practice and DEFRA to ensure the wellbeing of our animals at all times.

would it be possible for someone else to visit to see if it was a case of "in the process of doing when you happened to be there" (though i find that unlikely) or if it does warrent further action. x

I don't live near Land End, but whoever you do find to go - get them to take plenty of pictures. That way you've got solid proof.

have the rspca been contacted? i'll try and get down there but now the seasons over im not sure any of it will be open?
i'm off to check for a website now ;)

If this is the place i visited then it is truely awful! I went to lands end last year and the buns were being bred and the babies being sold :( Buns were in tiny hutches :( but when i went they had hay and water so complaining got me nowhere. Only one rabbit had plenty of room and that was the 'Stud Buck'. It stated on the sign that he makes lovely babies :shock: :(

Back