• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

still no poo!

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Daisy was spayed this afternoon around 3, been home since 7.30. She has been eating and drinking and her tummy was gurgling earlier when she was drinking but she hasnt pooed or weed yet? Does anyone know if this is usual? She is reasonably bright and has been digging in her bed and jumping around abit.

From the sounds of it she is doing pretty well. I would think that she will poo in due course because she is doing so well in other ways, but if she deteriorates, or hasn't done anything by the morning then give your vet a call and see what they suggest.

I have had only one do things pretty quickly, ie that evening, most wait until the next morning and I even had one who didnt eat or drink until the next afternoon. Yours sounds like she is on the right track for sure.

Have some poo vibes :D

Thanks that has put my mind at rest, i thought it might be normal but didnt trust just my judgement as ive never had a bunny spay before. Apparantly she was scoffing the food at the vets pretty much straight away!! :)

Hi skyo yes i got poo, lots of it!! Its quite dark and hard tho? She ate a fair bit last night but not much so far today. She is currenlty sitting in the front room any ideas on how to get her back in her cage, she isnt to keen on being picked up but i need to let my other bunny out really and hang up some washing!! My patio doors are in the front room!

Yay! That's brilliant.

They will come back to normal once she is recovering more and her eating has stabilised. Has she had pain meds today?

Can you usher her back? What would happen if you were to carefully lift her? (I know that's not an option for all bunnies though).

i know ive been picking it up all morning!! She is back in her cage now managed to pick her up. She hasnt had any pain meds today was told that the injection she had (cant remember what it was called :oops: think it begun with a N) would last her till tomorrow but i do have some metacam at home but the date on the bottle is 14/08/09 would that still be ok. She has eaten since i last posted!

Back