• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola wont stop being RUDE!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Lola has laways been the dominant one between her and Lucy but lately she is being bad. She grooms Lucy very thoroughtly starting at her head and sneakily goes down her neck to her back, still licking and grooming and then starts humping poor Lucy furiously:oops::oops:

Should I just leave them to it? I do tell Lola off but I feel bad as I know its bunny behaviour bu Lucy is getting constantly humped.:(

Hello, :wave:

I'm sorry I am going to be of no help, but I would like to know any advice too, as I caught Twinkle "harrassing" Star yesterday - she was going between humping her and biting her back...not sure what thats all about as they love each other so much and are normally such good bunnies.

It was quite noisy in our garden yesterday so maybe she was just a big agitated....

As long as there is no fighting or serious aggression I would just leave them to it. Our girl is a bit like this with her bonded partner and is a bit sneaky and takes advantage sometimes when he is trying to snooze by taking the opportunity to assert her dominance and mount his head! :roll:
The only time I intervene is when he is either sleeping or if he is ill and is unable to resist her advances himself. I don't do anything other than firmly say 'no Poppy' and gently push her off him and she gets the idea, if she approaches him again I pre-empt it and say 'no' and she stops and nuzzles him and lies down beside him instead.

The frequency and triggers for her doing it depend on time of year, how much they've been restricted - i.e. how full of beans she is and excited - there are many different reasons - sometimes she's excited simply because she's just woken up and is full of energy, and other times he initiates it by starting it too - neither of my two let the other mount so we have a few mins of honking and attempted mounting by both and they end up going round in circles and then just give up and hop away or lie down.
I have also noticed that Poppy does it when she feels less secure in her environment and very often this has to do with 'our presence' and how we fit into the bunny bond. It rarely occurs at night in the hutch but happens most in the sitting room that they spend most of the day in - and especially if we are in there too, esp me. As a female human Poppy may experience my position in the 'warren' as a threat to her dominance. She certainly does it more If I fuss around 'their' corner whilst they are in the room e.g. picking up mess and tidying up the litter trays etc. By keeping away from 'their' part of the room it happens a lot less often, so I expect there is some redirected dominance issues occuring.
The other thing to bear in mind is that the bunny being mounted 'controls' the situation by doing nothing....Nino does this....he ignores her and if she pushes it he gives her a quick nip or just suddenly turns round and stares at her and she gets the message. Buns are pretty capable of sorting their own relationshp issues out - we just leave them to it. :)

Try not paying her any attention when she does it, or making a loud noise to distract her :lol:

She is so sneaky though - she starts by giving Lucy a lovely nose lick, then does her eyes and her ears and then sneaks a look at me - then heads down towards the bum still licking - I honestly think she gets so engrossed with ehr grooming she just gets carried away but she does hate it when Lucy is away from her.

She always humps Lucys head too and all you can see if Lucys little face poking out from behind Lolas bun with a resigned expression on her face!!!

When she has enough, she will tell her. Its a dominance thing and what she is doing isn't wrong by rabbit standards. If the other bunny is tolerating it, I would just ignore it. I assume they are both spayed??

When she has enough, she will tell her. Its a dominance thing and what she is doing isn't wrong by rabbit standards. If the other bunny is tolerating it, I would just ignore it. I assume they are both spayed??

Yup, and devoted to each other. Lola is a bossy moo though:lol:

i get this with frosty and linus,she grooms him bald an being a rex its not hard the only way weve sorted it is by letting them out at set time every morning and in bed at set time every night they need space apart or rather spare so he can run orf :lol:

Back