• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns.............

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
get their favourite bit from their food bowl and take it somewhere to eat it in peace?

Lola always does it with her carrot and when she is allowed a piece of apple! She takes it into the corner of the garden or the portaloo!

Lucy just troughs!:lol::lol:

Dumpling has to take hers away or else Stew steals it right out of her mouth. She buries her head in the corner and bumps him away with her ample bottom.

Yes some of mine do this! Oscar often does it but he runs around for a few minutes trying to get the best spot and i have to keep telling him to stop running around with food in his mouth! :lol:

Smudge steals the best bit and then eats puzzles bit as well! Puzzle at the moment has got through a gap he shouldnt have and is now telling me he cant get back through it! Shall i help him or let me work out if he can get in he should be able to get out?!!:shock:

Mine both take their food away to eat it in a corner somewhere! Although I cant blame Snowdrop, Strawberry is a greedy piggy and pinches it from her mouth!

Yep :) Sorrel in particular used to get a piece of veg and do a few speedy laps of the room before she settled down in a "safe" place to eat it!

mine always do this. a green bean is always taken to a safe distance for scoffing even when they can see there are two more in my hand. rabbit logic. laps happen if its a particularly exciting bean, or a piece of carrot...

Lottie always does this :lol: None of the other bunnies do it though...

I cant believe you have a portaloo andrea, how cool!?!? One of them blue things?!

If I give Buttons a carrot he always goes and eats it at the back of his hutch in the corner and for some odd reason faces the back of the hutch! He also likes moving his bowl about, loves tipping it upside down too!

Lila does this. The other day I watched her run around the run 3 times with a piece of apple in her mouth before she found somewhere to hide and eat it in peace!

Cassie and Oakley will hide in a safe place if they are given a particular favourite such as a carrot top. They always watch each other to make sure they are not missing out on anything, even with their hay.

I have enclosed a picture of them competing for one piece of hay even though they have 2 trays full of the stuff which are changed twice a day.

CIMG1436.jpg

Peaches stashes food at the bottom of the hutch and when she's taken loads down, she steals whatever Wuzzle is eating from his mouth!!

Sometimes Harley gets bits of veg out of his bowl and binkies round his hutch with it in his mouth. Then he snuggles into a corner to eat it. His food is on a ledge kind of thing in his hutch, in the bedroom area. It's as if he's scared of eating in the dark :lol:

Hehe. When I go to feed Nora and Walter they both nearly fall out of the hutch trying to get to the food. Then the grab whatever they can reach first and both run into the bed side of their hutch. Then I think they go "Eep! Another bunny that might steal my food!" so they both turn around and run back into the other side of their hutch. Then they see eachother again and run back into the bed side. Ususally at some point Nora will manage to drop her food and so she steals Walter's then Walter comes back to me for more food and they both settle down.

They eat the rest of their meal together, I think they're both just too excited about the first bit of veg!

sherber and clover steal eachothers food :shock:and sherbert will run after clover which makes clover drop it cos she is goin fast, so shebert gets it but norm drops it tryin to go somewhere to eat it:roll: lol i dont no y they run after eachother as i always give them 2 of everything so they dont have to steal but they do lol :roll:

One of our Rabbits 'Pud' begs when I am doing all the feeds and so I drop a cabbage leaf for him and he picks it up and takes it on the bottom shelf of his indoor cage stand to eat it, he does this with everything and if you put his toys on the stand shelf he will pick them up and throw them on the floor he is so funny. :love:

Back