• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumpling and Zantac

Marreline

Warren Scout
Okay here we go again...

Got a pot of Zantac here that the vet gave me this morning. It says on the label 'Please give 0.35ml three times daily for one week'

The vet didn't tell me what to do with it or what it's for. I was too overwrought to enquire - silly bag.

It's a gut stimulant isn't it? Why would she need that for a whole week?

Zantac is an anti GI Ulcer med which has a side effect of increasing the rate of gastric emptying.

A Rabbit's stomach is very acidic and GI Ulceration can occur rapidly after a relatively short period of anorexia. I suspect your Vet has prescribed it for both its anti ulcer properties aswell as its prokinetic ones

Thank you for that.

So should I just get on and give it to her despite the fact she is eating again (a little) and pooing a bit?

How is your bun? xx

Thank you for that.

So should I just get on and give it to her despite the fact she is eating again (a little) and pooing a bit?

How is your bun? xx

Yes, if that is what your Vet has prescribed :)

Not sure what is happening with my poorly Bun at the moment but thank-you for asking :)

Back